• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there any cyber deals on a cd changer that works on Chevy Impala???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jabroni1m

I don't know which one will work on my 2003 chevy impala, not what all I need to buy. So if someone could give me a deal on the changer I need and any other accessories that are required to hook one up. I figured u just bought a 10 disc changer or whatever and plugged it in somewhere. Is it that easy? Well need a cyber deal on between a 6-50 disc changer and any accesssories needed. Thanks.

it depends on what kind of system your impala has. if the head unit accepts a changer its just a matter of finding one you like. if it doesn't you need to go buy a head unit that will accept a changer.

Whats a head unit? Is that the actual casette deck and all the volume adjustments? How can I tell if it accepts a changer?

There is a cd changer with an fm modulator that will work with every car radio. You can find them easily. Sound is degraded because you are using it thru the fm signal. Any brand will work.

If you are using a factory radio that is oem from a car radio manufacturer there is a chance that their changer will work with your radio. The radio has to have cd changer controls though. Like if you take out your radio and it says "pioneer" on it, then you might want to try a pioneer changer on it. It might work. It is wise to buy from a store so you can return it if it doesn't.

If you are using an aftermarket radio then use the same brand changer.

Installing a cd changer is pretty simple. Same brand changers require one cable to the back of the radio. Fm modulated changers require 3 wires to the electrical system and 1 fm adaptor to your radio.

Well checked the site and it says there are no cd changers available for a stock reciever. That sucks. To get a cd changer I have to upgrade to a cd player in dash too. Thats going to cost a bit. Or I could just upgrade to a casette only receiver that will take a cd changer. What do u guys suggest?

That's what my father did. In-dash tape with a 6-disc changer. Or you can get a FM modulator CD player that will interupt the FM signal when it is turned on. It will be at the highest fm quality and will require a seperate control. This will make it where you don't have to replace anything.
Also, a good indication as to if your reciever can power a changer is to look for a button that says cd on it.

The thing about FM modulated changers is that you'll have this ugly display sticky taped to your dash somewhere most likely. I was an installer for nearly 10 years. FM modulated changers are a last resort for me. With a factory changer, or factory compatible changer, you get to use your stock controls. No dangling controllers. Better sound quality. Easy decision.

Well I don't think theres a changer option for this casette deck that came standard. Least that what the net says.

Back