• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG GeForceFX Is Out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

Both the 5800 and 5800 Ultra are on the shelves at Futureshop. The price on the 5800 is $479 and the price on the 5800 Ultra is $649.

Just thought to let everyone know. BTW, the website still hasnt updated its graphics card lists.

OC-Master

And what the heck is going on,, why arnt there tons of geforefx cards being reviewed????

At least why not some BFGs being reviewed.

OC-Master

Supertrucker said:
where do you see a radeon 9700 non pro for 479? thats about 220$ too high... you could get an all in wonder9700 for less than that

LOL yeah right

maybe used with US currency hehe

If you can give me a link for $249 canadian, then I'd have that card tomorrow.

OC-Master

OC-Master said:
Both the 5800 and 5800 Ultra are on the shelves at Futureshop. The price on the 5800 is $479 and the price on the 5800 Ultra is $649.
OC-Master

OC that's USD you are talking about or Canadian?

Thats canadian prices. The ultra is canned. they aren't making any more of the chips. only selling as many as they made

Re: Re: BFG GeForceFX Is Out!

baqai said:

OC that's USD you are talking about or Canadian?

Canadian. Don't think the US has "Future Shop". It's tempting to buy one at that price. That's about $65 less than what I can get an OEM (saphire) Radeon 9700 Pro for.

baqai said:
I'll wait for some solid benchies before rushing to some shop and throwing my money

Same here man,

I just wanted to say that I saw some FX cards on the shelf!! Thats a good sign thou right.

OC-Master

GF3 ti500 "might" be a very fast card but when you "invest" money i don't know about you, but when i spend money i am spending for atleast coming 1-2 years so i want a product which will last me for that time period and with all due respect OC550 i don't see gf3 ti500 lasting for next 2 years with advancements in technology my best bet at the moment would be 9500 pro :)

GF F/X have got some serious negative publicity which is very bad but like i said until and unless some solid benchies from people (like you me or others on this forum) are posted i won't make any decissions

Hey maybe Jhonny can add this new PIMP card in his PIMP rig and we can see some benchies .. c'mon Jhonny lol :D

It's about time nVidia got around to releasing that card :D But they've taken way too long, it makes too much noise, too much heat, and isn't blowing everybody else out of the water.....

I'll pass. Hopefully their next new card will be a real head-turner. It also wouldn't hurt to actually release it on time either. :D

OC-Master said:

I just wanted to say that I saw some FX cards on the shelf!! Thats a good sign thou right.

OC-Master

Did you get to touch them!?!? Have you washed your hands yet??:D

Can't wait for some benchies especially with the newer drivers.

cack01 said:

Did you get to touch them!?!? Have you washed your hands yet??:D

Can't wait for some benchies especially with the newer drivers.

Of course,

I got a good look at the box. Pretty darn cool card. Has soo many features over the GeForce4. DirectX 9 is a plus IMHO.

OC-Master

baqai said:
OC there is a reason they invented digi cam's go get some pics and post for us :D

LOL,

too bad I dont own one nore have cash for that. I gotta pay for my car insurrance and Pay off my car audio system before I can go out and invest in a digi cam.

Good Idea thou LOL

OC-Master

Back