• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fast writes and sideband addressing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

botreaper9

I have k7s5a and nvhardpage says that it is capable of sideband addressing. What is sideband addressing and how do i enable it? Another thing is, fast writes, i have seen bios' that have this feature for this mainboard and others that don't. can the mainboard do this or not. If it can, does it make that much of a difference?
Thanks in advance,
Botreaper9

I just downloaded the Fastwrite-enabled BIOS, and the ATI control panel still says it's disabled, as does WCPUID. How do you turn it on then ?

it may be as the microsaft document on fast writes said, some video have diabled it for stability issues. what video card do you have?

I have never known both of these settings to work at all. I have two K7S5A's (second and third machines in my sig) that have the cheepobios, and have actually used one in a main rig a long time ago, and it just refused to get the options running.

minoukat said:
I just downloaded the Fastwrite-enabled BIOS, and the ATI control panel still says it's disabled, as does WCPUID. How do you turn it on then ?

AIW 9700 PRO. Am I supposed to see any menu option in the BIOS that enables it ? or does it just enable itself ?

I found a switch in the ati control panel to enable or disable it. if you have the ati control panel, it is in the SMARTGART tab. I have been trying to get it enabled on my xtasy 9100 128mg, and it won't. :bang head :bang head :bang head

Back