• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about JB Weld and Plexi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpyderMatrix

i have plexi glass i a need to bond plexi pieces together and also put some hinges on the glass to make a door could i use JB weld for these things just tell me if i can or not i know there are other ways just need to know if i can do this this way

Personally I would test it on some scrap pieces of Plexie first so as not to ruin your purdy case.

i wouldent if i was you, if this is going to be in contact with any water atall i wouldent.

use proper plexi glue

Cheers, Turando

Best stuff i've ever used for bonding plexi is PVC cement. I've used everything you could think of to bond plexi, and PVC cement is by far the most superior and easiest to work with. At least IMO.

Can't you make your own glue by melting a scrap piece of plexi in acetone? I'm not sure if this is for plexi or for acrylic, though.

Edit: Plexiglass is just a brand name of acrylic, so it should work

Last edited:
dunno but i think i have what i need now so thanks i will let you guys know my project as soon as i get some pics done and the final diagrams done

For plexi-to-plexi gluing, just get Weld-On. Made especially for this. (Clear too)

JB Weld will work for LOW STRENGTH bonds with plexi, and unless you rough it up with sandpaper, it will not stick that well at all. I've pulled plexi bonded with JBWeld apart with my fingers, not much force at all.

Back