• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandra Memory Benchmarks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MYBUDDA40

Notice N5406 - System bandwidth appears to be memory limited. Generally this means that memory bandwidth is < 50% FSB bandwidth, thus CPU is starved. This generally indicates a mismatch between memory and system. Note that this does not indicate that memory timings are wrong, but the memory itself is slow.
Fix: Use higher performance memory (e.g. DDR or RDRAM) or use any additional memory channels (if present) to increase memory bandwidth performance.

For more information, please see the (FAQ).

SiSoftware Sandra Help File

WHEN I RUN THE MEMORY BENCHMARK,I GET THIS NOTICE.IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO TO CHANGE THIS? IF I ADD ANOTHER 256 TO MY SYSTEM WOULD THIS HELP?:(

if im reading that right, sandra is just yelling at you for still running pc133, just ignore her until you have money to upgrade to ddr, more pc133 would not help

sandra is tellng you that you memory is performing poorly relative to your fsb theroetical bandwidth, which is usually indicative of some kind of mismatch ex.- running fsb @ 175 and running the memory at 133 or slower

Back