8rda+ Cannot boot-Dead Bios Chip?

8rda+ Cannot boot-Dead Bios Chip?
    I was trying to change the multipliers and then now it wont boot, I never even get to the screen to change bios options, it asks for an awardflash.exe and when I put the floppy with a bios bin and flash program its all like an ambulance constantly....it wont even attempt to flsh the bios. If I remove the floppy it repowers and continues in circles.....please help. Is my chip dead, if so I am very unhappy with such a fragile bios from Epox, all I did was try to change the multipliers. Even using the CMOS jumper which I have done countless times on this board does not help. The hold down INSERT key whilst tappind DELETE key doe s not work

im pretty sure this is the same problem i had. i had to rma.

get a new bios chip...my bros 8k5a2+ bios chip died, you can order a new one from epox, and they flash it with the newest bios for you..its like $15
    Q6600 @ 2.92ghz --- Asus Striker Extreme
    Lian Li V2000B---Corsair 620w PSU
    8gb DDR2 Patriot (4x2gb)---Samsung Spinpoint T 500gb
    Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme

My name is actually Phillip.

I was lucky , I downloaded the exact bios I had before, extracted the bin as well as aflash.exe program, now it goes. The problem was that I just gave it the original bios and it didnt like it, I was kind of stupid to do that.....So I guess for anyone who might have this problem in future make sure you load the bios version you last flashed with and it will be okay........man oh man! what a relief.
    Last edited by mata2974; 03-02-03 at 07:41 PM.

dude i woudlda been so happy if that had worked for me