• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wanna be prepared for my new 8RDA comming.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EclipseJP

Well hopefully it comes today or tomorrow. I know that I need to cool the nb. I didn't know if I should get a crorb or a cooljag or something. Does the Crorb fit the stock mounting holes? Would the Crorb be my best bet on cooling the NB? Or should I just go water? The only problem with water is that theres a mess of tubes that way, and I would prefer that I use air. Is water even that much better? I seen the 8rda site but still cant decide.:rolleyes: I know Im a tool for asking.:D

copper vantec iceberq for the NB fits the mounting holes and the little heatsink that comes with it is good for the southbridge.

Crystal orb doesnt fit mouting holes but can be epoxied down, cooljag would fit but I think thats overkill for a northbridge.

If your IDE controller reads as NVIDIA and or your IDE hard drives read as SCSI, roll back the driver on the IDE controller so it finds the factory MS driver. Took me a day to figure this out. You will know something is wrong because the windows scroll bar will go by 23-26 times when loading.

I also have some deskstars so hopefully I wont have this problem.
I am getting an adaptec raid card in the next few days hopefully. Hopefully I wont have problems with that either.

AlkyHauler said:
If your IDE controller reads as NVIDIA and or your IDE hard drives read as SCSI, roll back the driver on the IDE controller so it finds the factory MS driver. Took me a day to figure this out. You will know something is wrong because the windows scroll bar will go by 23-26 times when loading.

my wd se reads scsi but there are no drivers to rollback to. windows really doesnt take long to load, no where near 23x. but how to i get the right ide drivers? also my cd/dvd drivers read as scsi devices

There are two .inf files in the Nforce2 IDE driver package. If your drives are showing up as SCSI, update the IDE controller driver. Use NVIDIA\nForce\WinXP\2.03\IDE\WinXP\nvhdc.inf

lazyart said:
There are two .inf files in the Nforce2 IDE driver package. If your drives are showing up as SCSI, update the IDE controller driver. Use NVIDIA\nForce\WinXP\2.03\IDE\WinXP\nvhdc.inf

when i try to install teh driver it says that it does not contain any information about that drive?!?

AlkyHauler said:
No, just go to device manager>IDEcontroller>then click "roll back driver". It will find the MS driver.
it says there are no previous installed drviers?/?? well im going to do a clean install tonight, see if that helps

Back