• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tank O Matic question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WA2

where does it fit into the loop at? i think the hot water coming out of the block goes into it then out to the pump..right?

hehehe....my great skillz

Resize of tanko.jpg

Yeah, that'd be about right. My current setup is pump -> radiator -> CPU -> res / bleed tank -> pump. It doesn't make that much of a difference where you place the individual components, because as there is only a .1C difference in waterblock intake - outlet temps generally speaking, it's easiest to route the components where they fit most easily in your case, and have the shortest hose path.

Re: another way

gouda96 said:
another way to do it is

pump -> CPU -> res / bleed tank -> radiator ->

that way the water is going slowest through the radiator, and fastest through the cpu

Erm

In one word:

nope

The mass flow through the system is always constant, at a narrower point the velocity will increase so the same amount of water passes in a set time.

Ideally you want the coolest water going to the CPU, so

Pump : Rad : CPU is the best order, I advise putting the bleed tank in front of the pump on a T piece to act as an air trap.

Though it is true as was previously stated its a tiny difference

Last edited:
Back