• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DangerDen or Dtekcustoms?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Snyperx

Registered
Well I have come down to 2 vendors for my WC rig. Should I go with DangerDen or Dtekcustoms? I pretty much priced out 2 systems at the same price (within a $1). the DD kit comes with a better pump, while the Dtek kit comes with a shroud on the heater core. Either one of these vendors better than the other??? Thanks.

DangerDen
=========
Maze3
Heater Core
Papst 120mm Fan
Hydor L30 Pump
10 ft. ClearFlex60
Socket Tab for AMD mount
Water Wetter
Clamps/Fittings

TOTAL: $182.50 + shipping

Dtekcustoms
==========
Heater Core Combo
Delta Mid 120mm Fan
TC-4 WB
Six Tab WB Clip for AMd mount
10 ft. ClearFlex60
Clamps
T-Fitting
Via Aqua Pump
Water Wetter 4 oz.

TOTAL: $183.13 + shipping

Either way I think you'd be in good shape. Danger Den also has great service, everytime I place an order, it arrives within 2-3 days which I rarely experience.
Dtek is also a good place to buy as well. btw your DD setup is almost the same as what I'm running :D

did you look at the news page on dtek?

"3/2- The Hydor L20 and L30 pumps are on the way. We also have pump relays showing the same time. These items are expected to start shipping 3/7. "

i say wait for dtek to get those pumps in and get your stuff from there. i have never ordered from dtek but i hear great things. i got all my stuff from dangerden. the maze3 is a good block but i have heard that the tc4 performs slightly better. also dteks new heatercores look sweet.

Dtek. They've got Newegg worth customer service easily. A LOT of companies could take lessons from them. With the TC-4 being a better block AND the shroud on the rad, you should see a few degrees difference in performance too.

For what it's worth, at Reseller ratings:

D-Tek = 9.23 lifetime, 10.00 6 month

Danger Den = 8.44 lifetime, 8.21 6 month

Sounds like either or will work. I did notice that Dtek is a little more on their prices. I will probably go with DD because I noticed dtek was out of stock on the AMD Socket mount ( I don;t have a 4 holed mobo) also they are out of stock on the Hydor pumps. Sorry decided to think outload:D

Having used the TC-4 and have modded the block. I would go for the TC-4 and their new cores. Having this option to replace the barbs are a plus. With my custom cores and shrouds I have began to do the same in offering the removeable barb. The new TC-4 have a better top without the NPT threads that caused a few problem on the early models. The base is somewhat thinner as well. I am also the maker of the coils that are being installed in these new TC-4. For the price this is the best block currently made with a high degree of detail in finish. Plus the older TC-4 out performed the DD block. The newer TC-4 should even be better with the thinner bottom.

If I remember correctly Toysrme you have always been outspoken on Dtek, you would have to see their products and see the quality. Customer service is outstanding. The reason to be in business is to make money and not give the products away. Remember there are overhead bills to be paid before you begin to earn a buck.

Last edited:
I also vote for D-Tek. I love my Spiral, even if it is a little dated :) My blocked shipped very quickly, and I haven't had one problem with it.

Well would like to put this on record. I sent an e-mail to both the Den and Dtek asking if all items were in stock. Dtek, according to the website, does not have the Socket CLip in stock or the Hydor L30 pumps. I e-mailed them both early this afternoon. I just got an e-mail from Dan at the Den stating the only item not ready to ship is the WB since they have to make it up, everyhitng else is in stock. I have yet to hear from Dtek (I am not holding this against them, but just stating as an FYI). I am very impressed that the Den got back to me so quickly considering I have been hearing in the forums that they can take a up to a week to get back to you. At this point I am leaning towards the Den. I will wait to see if I hear from Dtek tomorrow.

Well it's nice to see atleast someone remembers the name ;)
I tend to avoid the forums between Christmass and afew weeks after Easter...

Let me sterotype for a second... Just too many "15 year olds with $150 to burn asking the same questions over and over again, not utilizing the SEARCH BUTTON" to suite my tastes. I always wind up being the jerk that says use the search button! That out of the way.

I finally have built one AND ONLY ONE Dtek on a system I sold once I got back. Quality I don't dispute, and never have. My issue is the outrageous priceing on some <cough-many> items they sell. Not that DD dosen't mark up either. It's jsut how extreme can you be!?

Anyways, not to start that up again, we already went through all that once ;) As I remember it went round and round with us settling on quality very good, price- high(compaired to what you can do, find, buy elsewhere.

*edit
Oh the policy? I had a problem and needed to swap tubing barbs myself. Then needed 2 return the block, swapped the original barbs back on, they wouldn't take it back.

On the up side, I have a free GF block just as soon as I can afford that new Athlon mobo...

I ordered stuff from both places and I am extremely please with both company. I would suggest go for whichever one is cheaper for you.

Back