• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my shopping list, tell me what you think

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emericanchaos

Maze3 w/ copper top and brass fittings
Ehiem 1048
Black Ice Pro core
6 adj plastic hose clamps(didn't count just guessed high)
Clearflex 60, 10ft
4oz water wetter
4oz zerex (water wetter can improve ethyl based coolants)
UV Cathode kit

this is all from Danger Den. am i missing anything? what can i cut down on to save cash? i'm using an AMD processor. is there a better block for me?

I agree with WhiteHawk, unless you have space constraints go with a regular heatercore(which can also be found on DangerDen's site). A heatercore will perform better because of it's larger area.

yes defiantely a HeaterCore instead of a Black Ice WAY less expenxive and better performance (i think) unless that is... it doesnt fit?? dont see why it wouldnt though

my heatercore from chevy nova is downright huge. i had to take out every drive cage. it fits with about 2 inches clearence from cdrom drive:eek: , but my friend has chevette and it fits well with 1 drive cage still in.

i plan to use an alum version of the popular antec cases. i found one with a window for $75 on new egg. how well does the heater core fit in those?

You will probably have to remove the drive cages, heatercores are big, expecially if you include (which you should) a fan and shroud. I would get a larger pump. the 10xx's kind of suck, get a 1250 at the least.

emericanchaos said:
i was hoping to leave one drive cage in. would that be possible with the "heatercore" from danger den?

With the heatercore, you can leave one drive cage in. You still need either a resevior, or a T-fitting.

from what i've heard the lucite tops are prone to cracking. i'd rather spend an extra $5 for the copper top than risk water in my system.

Back