• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD in win2k... could it be power supply?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slogan

ok, well as some may know, ive been through 3 motherboards in the past 6 months :}} lol no, i didnt even overclock.. but obviously something is wrong.. it wasnt so much the motherboards that blew, jsut my antics.. i received the blue screen of win2k death, the acpi bios hardware crap yadda yadda.. well all my parts are tested clean, but what about my power supply? could that be the reason that im receiving this error so many times?? so my question is, what errors can a power supply provide, please list all possible ways, as i would like to know for future reference as well.. ty

edit: or a site with a list or somethin, ty

If you have a volt meter you can take readings right from the ATX connector that plugs into the motherboard. Or sit and watch the voltage status in the BIOS to see if the rails are low or fluctuating.

What make/model is the power supply? (or at least what's the output?) and what exactly are you running off it? Drives, video card, etc?

Back