• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blowing in?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Causality

Ok, this may sound silly but do most of you set your radiator to suck air in when placed in the lower front of the case? This makes sense, but then again wouldnt that cause the heat up of the rest of the case?

Anyways, just mindless thumb-twiddling while I wait for thursday. (WC parts come in!)

most of them suck, i8 think this is because the CPU is the most impoirtant part and you want ht coollest air cooling it... so pull it in from the outside and as for warm air coming into the case i think that can be fixed easily enough by some well placed fans :D

With properly implemented case circulation, the radiator will not contribute a significant amount of heat to the interior, assuming you are not cooling some 225W peltier monster. As CrashOveride said, the main rationale for drawing room air in through the radiator is to give maximum cooling potential to the CPU loop. Also, my own experience is that haing the fan(s) drawing air in represents the potential for the quietest implementation, though only by a small amount if you use two fans in push-pull.

Hoot

@Hoot

When you say push-pull,do you mean the right fan getting fresh air from outside and the left fan pushing hot air from the case?

GoingH2o said:
@Hoot

When you say push-pull,do you mean the right fan getting fresh air from outside and the left fan pushing hot air from the case?

No not at all. It means using a pair of fans on the radiator. One pulls air into the radiator assembly from outside the case and the one on the other side of the radiator exhausts into the interior of the case. Recently, I have seen setups that put the radiator transverse to the case so that the air cooling it comes in one side and immediately exit through the other. That setup would neither add air to or take it from the interior of the case, but it also would offer no noise abatement.

Hoot

Back