• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT7A bios mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Overclocker

i have a KT7A (read: 'im poor') and at the moment its running a 1.2GHz Duron at 1.4 with 160MHz CAS2 memory speed.

...i want more...

although i can go up to 183MHZ FSB, i would like to do more as im planning to TEC cool my north bridge - is there anyone or where out there that can give me infomation how i can go about re-writing the BIOS to allow more?

..or will i need to find the house of an Abit employie and wait outside the door with a large net again?

The Overclocker said:
..or will i need to find the house of an Abit employie and wait outside the door with a large net again?

Last time I tried that I had to feed him for 2 months & he never made anything worth while. I gave up & bought another board.

(sigh) suppose so... i cant reach 183MHz cas 2 anyway - im on 170MHz Cas2 at the moment - but im going try, its gettuing close to DDR speeds now (1200MB/s in sisoft sandra)

first thing first, i need a new processor

Back