• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

watercool psu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prandtl

I have just finish my water setup on my case. I am watercooling my cpu, gpu, chipset and psu (I wanted a quiet system). Now my problem is that I only cool the mofset in the psu, i'm not cooling any other components, so I am wondering if that could cause a problem, as some of the components seems to heat up.

Only the mosfet? You mean all the voltage regulators and mosfets etc that are attached to the PSU heatsink, or are u actualy thinking of only a single one? I will also be watercooling my PSU, probably monday, so I'll post pics once I do it.

yea, i mean all the voltage regulator/mofset that were attached to the heatsink, i actually replace the heatsink with a wb (kind of).

Have any drawings of what kind of waterblock you want to make? I was thinking of using a copper plate soldered to a pipe, the pice going down one side, turning and coming back for the other plate. This seems like the easiest way. I've seen a few how-to's on the net on how other people have done it this way. Can't find the links right now, I will post them if I do.

i already made it, the axact way you describe it, a plate with a copper tube on top of it. now my question is, will the other components, like the transformer (?), overheat without a fan?

Monitor the temps for a while. I've seen some people that attach a small chunk of copper, kinda like a heatsink to their transformer. And others that didn't do anything. Apparently there's also sometimes a coi that can get hot. Can you post some pics? Or do you have a webpage? Thanks.

Back