• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Girlfriend wants this case, yay or nay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anfallgel

This is the case of concern. I don't know about all this rainbow light business on the front, I just want to know if any of you have used/seen the case before. Does it look respectable, or like a cheesy carnival? Thanks guys.:p

i couldn't agree more, but the bubbles and the flower looking window are precisely why she wants it. I was mainly asking if someone has personally seen it and can verify that it looks like the same freak light show in the pictures. At least I'm not the only one who doesn't like it.

it's for your girlfriend it doesn't have to look respectable :p, seriously if she wants it then give it to her, just make sure you don't buy it for yourself otherwise she'll think you're ghey :cool:

Looks cheesy but if thats the one your girlfriend wants then get it for her. You'll find life happier by doing this. By the one whats up with all the people in here being from Wisconsin

i saw it at milwaukee pc live the other day. Yeah i live close to milwaukee just a little south in a little town called waterford
there sure doess seem like there are a lot of people from wisconsin, (thats because we have nothing better to do then play on computers lol)

I've seen this case in person, and I thought that it looked pretty cool with the colors at the bottom of the 'color pipes' cycling through the spectrum. Note that the top lights remain blue, but it's still a neat retro look IMHO. Let me be clear that the one I saw had a tri-color LED at the bottom that was cycling. It is entirely possible that other cases by this manufacturer have single color LEDS. However, the "Rainbow" in Newegg's description tends to indicate to me that this one also has the cycling color LEDs. It wouldn't be a case that I bought for myself, but it makes sense that your girl would like the look.

The case seemed to be build sturdily enough and there's plenty of room for expansion and fans, so it shouldn't be a problem to put a nice rig inside it. Interestingly, the one I saw didn't have the neon lighting included like Newegg's. If you are not into self modding cases, this is an easy way to show off your stuff.

Anyway, $88.00 shipped isn't a bad price for a pre-modded aluminum case (Newegg's description says aluminum--but it could be referring to the color, though) with power supply.

BTW: I live in Racine, WI. Any of you other cheese-heads planning to head to the convention center next weekend for the Blue Star Computer Show?

mbigna said:
BTW: I live in Racine, WI. Any of you other cheese-heads planning to head to the convention center next weekend for the Blue Star Computer Show?

I would love to go but have no idea how to get there.

WhiteHawk--Racine is right between the Illinois border and Milwaukee (about 45 minutes south of Milwaukee).

The Blue Star Computer Show is at State Fair Park in Milwaukee. It is usually held in the building that is near the northwest corner entrance of the race track (opposite the entrance--though since they are tearing down the grandstands and re-doing them I'm not sure that entrance is even still there).

I'll post this if anyone cares to get a buck off. Actually, you can subsribe at the site in the e-mail and get your own coupon instantly. You should be able to just print this out to be eligible (just the stuff below...).

=============================================

The Oldest, Largest, Most Attendeed
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
T H E
S U P E R C O M P U T E R S A L E
returns to
THE STATE FAIR PARK
MARCH 14-15-16, 2003

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Don't be fooled by imitations.
The original Super Computer Sale returns in 2 weeks
A sale so big it can only be held at
Wisconsin State Fair Park.

March 14-15-16, 2003
Hours:
Friday 12:00 - 8:00
Saturday 10:00 - 7:00
Sunday 10:00 - 5:00

This is just a reminder your dollar off
coupon and more detailed info
will arrive next week.

Produced by:
Blue Star Productions
2312 Central Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55418
612-788-1600 (event line)
http://www.BlueStarShowS.com

[][][][][]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list go here:
http://www.supercomputersale.com/Attendees/Signup/remove.html

==============================================

Custom computer cases reflect the persons personality. More like art then the "White Box". She's paying for it let her get what will make her happy. You don't have to use it (much).

is this wisonsin only thread or can i reply as well? :)

i think the case is ok if its gana b in a girls room, it might enhance it more than a bland dell case or something like that

max

Back