• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with shrouds??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TonyKlem

ok im making some shrouds. im using some acrylic and im wonderiong what the easiest way to cut it is... i have been using a box cutter and ruler because that how we do it at work but somtimes it doesnt break straight.. :( so i wanna kno if theres an easier way to do it without chipping it up with a big saw or something ok thanks for any input ( maybe a saber or jig saw?)

oh and how do i poet pics? is there a pic host somewhere someone can give me? cause i wanted to post pics of the progress

I use a table saw with a godd, sharp blade. Experiment to determine the right feed rate and make your cuts 1/32" long. Then, thake off that last 1/32" in about three slow, smooth passes. It yields a nice milled finish. If it melts while you are cutting, you are feeding too fast and/or the blade is not sharp enough. If you don't have a shop-vac hooked up to your table saw, you will look like Frosty the Snowman when you're done. Static cling is a real mess.

Hoot

Back