• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EPoX 8KHA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wild_andy_c (Jul 17, 2001 02:48 p.m.):
Does anyone else have one ? What have you acheived with it ?

I dont have one but I am going to a computer show this weekend and.... you never know. If I get one I'll send ya my findings. It's definitely my DDR board of choice at this point, based on the reviews.

SickBoy

I've got one and there's a lot to love. Jumperless, no lockups, hangs, no PhoenixNet to deal with (you need the newest BIOS dated 07/05), fast, and very stable. If you're gonna get one go to this review:www.lostcircuits.com/motherboard/epox_8kha/
and learn about the BIOS settings for the best OC experience. Here are my scores:

8.5X160 701 ALU/905 FPU Sandra 2001 te.

Here's my RAM and settings:

Crucial 2100 256MB CAS 2.5, 2:6:2, 1T, 4way enabled, Fast R-W Turnaround and Continuous DRAM Refresh enabled. I had to go to CAS 2.5 as 2 wasn't stable and this combo of FSB and settings gave superior performance over an FSB of 151 w/CAS 2.

I'm running WinXP RC1 with complete stability and excellent performance.

Can you tell I'm impressed?

Setting the CPU parameters in the BIOS was a big thing for me... coming from an Abit, I have promised myself to settle for nothing less.....

SickBoy

I just got to see the tweak settings on the ABIT KG-7 perhaps that is a tweakers dream. We will see :)

Maestro

Back