• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many of you use AA and AF?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
BmanG17 said:
Gotta love overclocking video card for nice performance boost so you can have nice AA/and AF features :)

Now to me, thats the best reason to OC your card. I am not one to really care about 3dmarks scores, personally I like to watch the tests, especially in '03. When I OC my card it's to try and find the best image quality/performance ratio(though I will sacrifice some frames to get the image I want.)

Fiz

2x AA (w/the bar on 'Agressive' and 'Texture Sharpening) checked
no AF...I don't see too much of a difference. Maybe when/if I get a more high powered card I will. But this is fine...my toss up is going to be between R350 and NV35...and it's not gonna be for awhile.

seamadan000 said:
Quincunx AA, but no AF, as I don't like the way it looks on my LCD.

So, Mr. Miller, you say that we can tell the difference at any frame rate, so do you go for the highest FPS or do you turn on the options.

I turn on as many options as i can get away with. I seem to have one of the very few pc's that gta3 runs well on - i run that at 1024x768 w/ 2xFSAA and 4xAA. Motoracer3 runs at 1024x768 4xfsaa and 8xaa. the rest of my games are run somewhere inbetween.

As long as my framrates dont drop below around 35, i dont mind.

Back