• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem with new system...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It could be two (relativly) simple problems- either something isnt plugged in right (like memory or your PSU plug) or something is grounding itself... try taking EVERYTHING out of the case- place them on a table and connect the basics (power, video, CPU, HS/f, Memory) and boot up- if it posts then its probably grounding or shorting itself on the case- a solution is to use paper/thin card washers on the mobo.

if there is no sign of booting (just a brief flash, a small moment of your HS/f whirring) then take off the memory and try again... if still no luck then try without the video card.

I had that problem about a month ago- turns out my memory had popped out of the Dimm slightly and was easily solved>> just put it in again and cursed it to hell and back. :)

If you can... try with a different Power supply too (suddenly thought- it may be a dodgy PSU or one that's underpowered for your system)

Last edited:
What are the system specs?
I've seen a similar probelm before but it ended up being the CPU Fan. It was a thermally controlled fan and the BIOS on the Soyo board would kill the power if the RPM of the CPU fan was below a certain speed.

Back