• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Epox 4PEA+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeffPH

Registered
hi am new to overclocking, i got an Epox 4PEA+, Pentium 2.4 B C1, SLEF, leadtek Gf4 4800, Generic 512 MB of PC 2700 RAM, 80 gig Maxtor 7200 rpm.

I started raising my FSB from 133 to 145 got me to 2.55 G. I have my temps at 47-48 C idle, and 55-57 C load (prime95). This temp are the same with the non O/C settings of 133 FSB. My mem settings are 2-5-2-2, on turbo.

How high can i get, and with what fsb and mem settings i plan to use this 24/7, without frying my comp.

BTW am using a Thermaltake Spark 7 Copper Heat Sink with 6000 rpm fan. i set it to max rpm. since my ambient temp is hot. (32-35 C) Am using a lian li PC 65 too, 2 intake fans and 2 exhaust fans all 80mm fans.

Thanks.

Jeff

First of all, your temps are very high, it seems to me, that your heatsink is not properly mounted, too much termogrease or no termo grease at all, or heatsink fan is not working at all. U should get temps around 40C idle or less. Other posibility is, that your inner case temp is too high >40C which is not good.
You can get as high as long your vcore stays below 1.6V and your temps - under 58-59C

thanks for ur reply, i have applied as3 to the cpu and checked the heatsink a lot of times its well sitted and my fan is at 6200 rpm.

well my ambient temp is about 32-35 :). The Epox board seems to undervolt too the bios is set at 1.525 but i get 1.49 v from mbm or maybe its mbm? my + 12 is giving 11.80 from mbm too am using an enermax 450w supply.the rest of the mbm readings are fine. Power temp is 42-44 board temp is 25 now how can this be cooler than my ambient temp :(

Well with the current settings all stable so far 2 days now. can i increase some more fsb? or just keep it this way?

thanks

jeff

In fact the "power" temp is your incase temp, and 42-44C is very high. You should think about some case fans or leave your case open when you want to go hogher with fsb. I think reaching 2.88G which is 160 fsb is not so hard with your config and proper cooling. Undervolting is normal, u should see my readings, on 1.525v my lowest is 1.42v :))

hehe thanks guys :)

i am thinking about moding my side panel, putting a hole for one 80mm case fan with neon light of course but i feel sorry for my side panel since it has a window in it :( the lian li PC 65 has a glass side panel like a window :( what u guys think? and i think of putting thermaltake CAse fan II with the plastic 4 Led thing. would it look bad with a hole and and orange fan?

PS just in case i reached 2.88gig can i use it 24/7 coz i dont wanna oc something i cant use:) wont my chip die on me ? i hope not:)

thanks guys for the tips and help i appreciate it most helpful and friendly site i have been through

Cheers

Its up to you to find the max reasonable fsb (in terms of temps and voltage) which you can use 24/7, it may be 145, but it may be also 167 (3G) or more :))

Back