• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Favorite car in GT3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LittlePiggie

I was just wondering which cars you all favored. I just got a PS2 and it's the only game I have, and I have always liked the GT series. Right now I have a Nissan Skyline tweaked to 1051hp with nice suspension and a full racing tranny. I also have a Lancer Evolution something or other @ ~450hp with all the weight reductions, tight suspension, and a full racing tranny.

My new project car was a Supra, but that handled funky, so I scrapped it :p. I need suggestions on what to blow my 300,000 on.

Ummm, Crash were you talking about Grand Theft Auto 3 or Gran Turismo 3? Because Piggie was talking about Gran Turismo

anyways, my favorite cars are:
1. Evolution 7 (Any horsepower---love this car)
2. Suzuki Escudo (When its over 1200 HP)
3. Mazda RX7 LM---the sweetest GT race car in the game
4. ALL of the F1 cars
5. Ford GT40 race car

I hate to say this, but I absolutely despise of Skyline's IN THE GAME (but I love them in real life). In GT3 I personally don't like the way they handle. I like my cars to be nimble and quick, which the skyline isn't.

I also HATE the Vitz:bang head

Endurance races: FTO LM Edition or Alfa Romeo 155 race car (both have around 550 hp).

High speed races: Escudo Pike's Peak (1800+ hp with largest turbo), Z06 vette (800+ hp)

Rear wheel drive: S15 Silvia, Z06 corvette.

Front wheel drive: Integra Type R.

Four wheel drive: lancer evolution VII, FTO LM Edition or Alfa Romeo 155 race car

i may have confused a couple cars with GT2, i can't keep them seperate since i haven't played either of them for a few months.

btw, i HATE the F1's. they don't belong in GT3 and i hope they are removed in the next GT game.

yanks111 said:
Ummm, Crash were you talking about Grand Theft Auto 3 or Gran Turismo 3? Because Piggie was talking about Gran Turismo

anyways, my favorite cars are:
1. Evolution 7 (Any horsepower---love this car)
2. Suzuki Escudo (When its over 1200 HP)
3. Mazda RX7 LM---the sweetest GT race car in the game
4. ALL of the F1 cars
5. Ford GT40 race car

I hate to say this, but I absolutely despise of Skyline's IN THE GAME (but I love them in real life). In GT3 I personally don't like the way they handle. I like my cars to be nimble and quick, which the skyline isn't.

I also HATE the Vitz:bang head

see my last post:rolleyes:

The vitz is the worst!! I got one to get those races out of the way and they are SLOW!!!

oh, and my skyline hauls. it goes 255 on the high speed ring, and it jumps off the line. it could use a little nimbling up, but I'm workinh on that.

I personally think the escudo is too powerful for any of the rally tracks it was built for. 1800+ hp is far too much to do anything with, much less see when you need to turn :p. the escudo rocks on endurance races though...

I have an rx-7, dunno what model though. I'll try out that one though. I like my lancer:).

RX-7 all the way, that is the perfect balance of handling and HP, and mine isn't all that fast in a straight line, but I like to try and win with a car that isn't as powerful as the computers. I like the Supra too, but it was better in GT2. and then there is my pet mustang....
________
Couples Cam

Last edited:
Looks like I'm the only one who likes the Zonda. As soon as I get my PS2 working, I'll get me a Skyline. I've won loads of money from endurance races trying to get the Formula 1 car. No luck.

hehe, I have both the RX-7s now. I like the RS by far the best. handles like a dream. I won a Trueno GT Apex and it's worth 125,000 :eek:. what's up with that? it's slow as !@#$ and doesn't really handle all that great.

oh, I hate mustangs...my friend spent 300,000 on his SVT and I went and bought the skyline, souped it up (300,000), and whupped him first race.

What's a Zonda?

Koopa_Fett said:
Looks like I'm the only one who likes the Zonda. As soon as I get my PS2 working, I'll get me a Skyline. I've won loads of money from endurance races trying to get the Formula 1 car. No luck.

he's a trick i learned a while back for winning an F1 (i hate them but they are easy money when you sell them).

go into the options and set the gas/brake to the right analog stick.

buy an escudo (you can leave it stock if you like) and start the small oval endurance race. do a couple laps, then drive the car against the outer wall so your running right next to the wall. pause the game and grab a rubberband, push the right and left analog sticks towards eachother and use the rubberband to keep them pulled together. now unpause the game and make sure the car stays on the outer wall of the track.

if executed properly you'll have the race done in about 35 minutes and you have some free time to browse the forum :D

edit: this only works with an automatic transmission. also, you may not win an F1 the first time but it's soo easy to just do it again :p

Back