Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wow, this could be a very good thing for us

Perhaps in a year or so we'll have 3 GPU forums...

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=8303

Wohoo, more companies competing means we win

yup yup

although...i already do have a hard enough time trying to decide what to get :P

Poor nVidia... There still TRYING to play catch up with Last years ATI cards

i dont know about you but im disappointed by the r350, even the "crappy" GF-FX can beat it in quite a few benchmarks

Gloriously Lead
    Overclockix Chief Architect
    Originally posted by PLtNmHeLiX
    Wohoo, more companies competing means we win
    exactly... more competition the lower the prices go and the larger the selection... that could be fantastic... i wonder how their cards will run and what the image quality will be like... i hope they're pretty decent to run up with ati and nvidia...
    intel i5-750 -- msi p55-gd65 -- 4 x 4gb ddr3 1600 -- msi gtx550 ti cyclone oc 1gb -- antec p182 -- ocz fatal1ty 750w -- windows 8.1 x64
    intel i5-3330 -- msi z77a-gd65 -- 4 x 8gb ddr3 1600 -- intel hd graphics 2500 -- fractal design define r4 black -- debian wheezy amd64

forum rules | overclockix | overclockers geforce survey | mbentley.net

R350 was only a revision of the R300 so what did you expect it to do?

Nvidia seems to be plagued by pretty much everything now, performance, image quality, price...it will be interesting to see how other companies work their way into the mainstream and what they will offer.

There was an old article about this and they said it would out-perform the FX and cost around $100.

I'll believe it when I see it.
    Hail to the King:
    Opteron 165 w/ DFI Ultra-D w/ BBA 1900XT 512 mb GSkill PC4200 1 GB x 2
    74 gb WD Raptor x 2 Raid 0 MSI (ATI550) Tuner
    w/ Windows XP Media Center Edition & OCZ Powerstream 520
    DD TDX H2O block w/ Maze4 GPA block DD D4 pump
    single 120mm Fan Heater core w/ shroud In Lian-Li fish tank window case

RIP (Rest In Pieces):
    P4 3.0 ghz @ 3.75 ghz Aerocool HT-101 IC7-G
    Radeon 9800 Pro 430 W Antec True Power

Originally posted by Genocide
    i dont know about you but im disappointed by the r350, even the "crappy" GF-FX can beat it in quite a few benchmarks
    Its quite the other way around in most of the benchmarks ive seen (except the one that was totaly off base that had about 80fps missing from the benchmarks for the ATi cards, heh)

Senior Band Wagon Jumper CrystalMethod's Avatar
    Poor nVidia... There still TRYING to play catch up with Last years ATI cards
    ...even the "crappy" GF-FX can beat it in quite a few benchmarks
    Comments like those are unecessary.

The 9700 line was just so great, it will take alot to wow us. I for one can't wait to see this s3 card. Looks like it should be good. My bet is it winds up being a little slower than ati's cards, alot cheaper and has a few minor driver issues on release that take a couple months to get sorted out.

Originally posted by Lithan
    The 9700 line was just so great, it will take alot to wow us. I for one can't wait to see this s3 card. Looks like it should be good. My bet is it winds up being a little slower than ati's cards, alot cheaper and has a few minor driver issues on release that take a couple months to get sorted out.
    agreed 100%

looks very interesting. depending on how it does this may be my next card due to potential pricing compared to nvidia and ati gouging.
    The Black Hole
    Intel i7 860 2.8ghz
    Gigabyte P55M-UD2
    Mushkin 2x2GB DDR3 1600
    EVGA GTX460 1GB
    Intel X-25M 80GB SSD
    Magnetics - 2x2TB 4x1TB
    Corsair HX850W PSU
    NEC DVD-RW

Originally posted by CrystalMethod

exactly, and have nothing to do with this thread

Anyways, i really think it would be a good thing for the industry if there were 3 comp's making CPU's and GPU's...it's pretty logical, what are the two most expensive components in most systems (most...)

depending on how up to date you like to get, i could spend over a grand on just those two items...thats crazy.

I can buy 512mb of PC2700 ram for 50 bux, why? in part because there are dozens of comp's out there making it.

I can buy a CD rom for 15 bux!!...thats nuts if you think about it (and it really goes to show you how much money companies make off of more advanced components...DVD burners and such)

Originally posted by CrystalMethod

That first comment doesn't seem like anything bad. If anything, it's true! Missing a cycle totally threw them off, and the products they're FINALLY getting out the door are lacking. They are playing catch up...they HAVE TO!

EDIT: Oh wait, it was kind of off-topic...I think I get it now

Yay capitalism! Competition is great for us consumers.

There was an old article about this and they said it would out-perform the FX and cost around $100.

I'll believe it when I see it.
    Yes, I remember that article too. Also, if you remember, there was an article on Tomshardware quite some time ago that said that S3 was going to be releasing a card that would beat the ti4600 (this was when the ti4600 was the top card) but it never happened. Like you, I will also believe this when I see it.

Heh, I am still waiting to see that card that they claimed would beat the ti4600. If there really is a card like that, maybe this is actually it. It could be because it said on the Tomshardware article that the card would be built on 0.13 micron technology so it fits...

Just dont get your Hopes Up, as SIS was also supposted to have a killer card with the Xaber.
    And look how well PowerVR did with the kyro.

my best guess it that they will be nice mid-low end cards....
    Personally i am waiting for another BitBoys Card, they make the best ones

Originally posted by jay
    Just dont get your Hopes Up, as SIS was also supposted to have a killer card with the Xaber.
    And look how well PowerVR did with the kyro.

my best guess it that they will be nice mid-low end cards....
    Personally i am waiting for another BitBoys Card, they make the best ones
    I kind of agree, how often does a company just LAUNCH into the lead. Nothing to the best...just doesnt happen.

ATI and Nvidia have been neck and neck for a while now, so it's really not all that shocking to see the hands change...but, we can all hope right

Competition is always great. Lets wait to see some benchmarks of these puppy's and see if they can measure up.
    AMD Athlon 64 Opteron CAB2E Week 0548 2805 mhz (255x11)
    Geforce 6800 GS @ 528/1175
    1GB Mushkin Level I Black PC 3500
    DFI LanParty NF4 Ultra-D
    Thermalright XP 120 w/ Panaflo HighFlo 120mm Fan
    WD 320gb 16mb Cache
    Lite-On 16x Dual Layer DVDR/RW w/ Lightscribe

yay... more compatition!
    .................................................. ......................Just too busy with life
    ...........................................Team.32.Mentor........................................RED.BELT.Ubercloxx0r
    ..............................You.should.always.keep.an.open.mind.help.can.be.found.in.the.most.unlikly.places.
    .....AIUHB0252@2300mhz.SP-97~Abit.NF7-S~512.RAM@fast.timings~9700Pro.w/.copper.HSF.~.2.monitors
    .................................................. ..Windows XP because I have conditions
    ....Fold.for.[OC]FoldingNinjas!!!....You .would.be.amazed.at.what.a.group.of.intelegent.peo ple.can.overlook
    ...............................................All.blanket.statments.are.false|Nothing.is.absoloute.
    ............................Don't.Let.ThermalTake.Your.Money~|~Are.You.Into.Th at.Hacky.Stuff?
    AKA:supaiku
    .................................................. ........Can.you.find.the.ninja.in.my.avatar?!?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast