• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the WWR waterblock owns jeww

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
its not really limited, if your willing to wait 2-3 weeks to get yours. but its well worth it for the extreme overclocker

dam guys i just found this on a diffrent post

(quote from Cathar):
I've stopped making the White Water personally. Presently I'm am only filling outstanding orders which have already been placed but production from me will end by end next week. Production of the blocks will be taken over by a USA based company (cannot disclose the name at this point in time) and the blocks will be available for sale within the USA from a number of resellers in the coming weeks.

you guys think the mass produced 1's will be as good?

i thought that was the best part, hand made to fit orders, now they will be made quick as posable and before orders are placed. at least i got 1 before he decided to pass the design on

It won't be any easier to mass-produce something that absolutely requires a long trip through a CNC with a 1 mm bit. The internals aren't too easy to mess up, but unless they jack the price ($90+ was with shipping from Down Under), it shouldn't be different. Hand-lapped = more cost, so maybe it will be loads cheaper w/o hand-lapping.

I'm sure the company that bought the design knows that it has to do it right to re-create the performance.

pokpok said:
so whats the last serial that the WWB will be?

#162 is the last serial number that will ship (by this Friday)

I'm keeping what is essentially #163 for myself. I also have block #000 for myself. There were also 9 prototypes made as a result of a faulty run start (the machinists starting making them before I said "go"). All up, a total of 173 were made by hand (164 prod + 9 proto) over about 5 months. Block #004 got lost in the mail somewhere and has never been found (to my knowledge).

I have the first prototypes of the USA production run in hand. There are a few tweaks being made to the final design to keep costs down for mass production, but very soon.

Cathar said:

# Block #004 got lost in the mail somewhere and has never been found (to my knowledge).

I have the first prototypes of the USA production run in hand. There are a few tweaks being made to the final design to keep costs down for mass production, but very soon.

That guy is a LUCKY MOFO.

Make shure they dont kill the performance i dont want to see this block being killed by the TC-4

Back