• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

!9" Monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Might check out the Sylvania line, just picked up a 19" F93 for $169 at Costco and its picture is almost (97%) as good as my Sony which cost over twice that.
absolutely zero complaints so far.

I picked up an Envision EN-985e Flat Screen 19" CRT Monitor from Staples a few weeks back. So far, I'm very happy with it.

The price is $199.98 and there's currently a $20 rebate. If you look around a bit, there are some coupon codes that will knock $40 off $200 (add paper clips or something small to break $200), which will bring the total to somewhere around $150 shipped (depending on finding a coupon code and sales tax). Here's the LINK

The NEC/Mitsubushi 930 Diamond Plus Are Brilliant... theres the Diamond Pro if u want to spend a wee bit more.

NEC FE991SB here. Been very pleased with it. Very good for gaming and video. Not the best when it comes to text.

Drifter

I have a Viewsonic E90fb. Don't really have anything bad to say about it. Bought it for a pretty good price online. Check pricewatch

Everyone, thanks for the input. I really appreciate it. It has all been most helpful. I'm gonna check out prices at Newegg and Googlegear and see which is the best buy of those suggested. Say any other good online places to get monitors at ?

Thanks again.

Seriously, check pricewatch and search for 19" monitor(or something). There are a lot more reliable cheap places to buy monitors than newegg and googlegear.

InThrees said:
Check to see if any of the local walmarts have the 19" KDS monitors instock, last I saw one, it was priced at $199.

KDS makes very good monitors, and their no-quibble "We'll send you a new one, send the broken one back" rma policy is exemplary.
:eek:.....

No that ain't gonna do it.

:eek: X 1,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to preface that whole statement with the knowledge that you're refering to KDS USA, not KDS Canada. My 19" KDS was damaged right out of the box. One month of my life, 20+ phone calls, 4... 4!!!!! faxings of my receipt, minimum 6 claims of "That person wasn't doing his job, but we fired him and replaced him with someone who will do his job, you'll get your replacement in 2 days tops.", the head of the shipping department lying, and I can document this in court!!!!, saying "It was the shipping company's fault. Their truck broke down so they sent a minivan instead, so there was no room for your replacement monitor.", and finally 1 accidental finding of the C.E.O.'s email address (I think the underlings keep it hidden so they can't get in trouble for the ****ty way they treat the customers) and I finally got a full refund, but only because the C.E.O. was utterly disgusted by the way his, pffttt, "staff" treated me. If I hadn't emailed him I'd still be waiting for my replacement or refund, and it's been at least a year now since they first started treating me like garbage.

eobard's experience is the reason you should buy a monitor locally. I'm all about ordering parts for cheap, but:
shipping is very expensive
shipping both ways in the event of a problem negates any $$$ saved
you can't see the monitor before you leave with it. It's a lot easier to not buy a monitor that hums, has weird wavey stuff, or anything else than to try to convince some guy over the phone it's defective and you need an RMA.
Anything glass should never be trusted to UPS.

Ah, TheGame240 I understand you. I'm noty looking for cheap. Just trying to finf one descent. My -problem is that the nearest place for me to buy one is 100 miles away in Amarillo, and I am on call all the time. I worked 9 hours last Saturday and will be working some this Saturday and who knows about the one after that. zThere have been two weekends this year that I haven't had to work, and on one of those I worked the Friday night. :( So I order a lot of stuff. When I'm off a three hour round trip isn't my idea of fun. Wish I could just go down and look'em over and pick out the best. Gas would equal the shipping. I'll see if I can ever get away. hope, hope. :)

Back