• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HAHAHA, some people dont know what they are talking about!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Spyder

Some friends tried to convince me that by using 1/2inch tubing a MAXIMUM GPH was 70 with ANY PUMP... HAHAHAH, i use 1/2inch on a ehime 1250 and get what 280 or so GPH, no head, 10ft flat layed out tubing with no restrictions~ ( a test)

Then they fried a 4th MB between the 2 of em~
Also tried to convince me a Black Ice pro is better then my heatercore.... MUHAHAHAHAH!!!!

God.... no offence but these two are major N00bs....

why would anyone think that size of the pipes give you a max flow rate. you should teach them the basics of electricity. Watts, volts, ext. then you can relate that to water flow.

lol, thats kinda funny, 3/8 tubing can have a maximum of like 300gph, thats under a ton of pressure I supose too.

btw, your gpu top should be on its way to me:)

I think they meant: "max effective flow rate", or max efficient: you shouldn't go higher than 3 gpm (180 gph) with 1/2 tubing, because your flow speed reaches 5 fps, and that'll create a huge pressure drop. Actually, you want to keep it at 2 to 3 fps (feet per second).

At 70 gph, the pressure drop would be almost non-existant (i.e. insignificant) within the tubing. That's good, if your block/rad can drop the rest of the pressure, because that's where you want the pump's effort to be, not within the tubing.

Hold on to your friends: they'll straighten up, sometime...

Back