• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tornado anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Spyder

I grabed one a while back, got it today, and all i can say is DAMN! i plan on using it on a hs im testing, but i dont know if i can stand the sound !!!!! ;) :cool: :eek: :D

I have one......;)

The noise level is about the same as the 8000 rpm Deltas I have, but it is far less disturbing than they are!
An 8000 rpm, 60mm fan has a high pitched whine that pierces right through your eardrums.

Of course, all my high performance fanned computers are in my cellar:D
My workstation is water cooled ;)

I had to put mine on a rheostat right away so I could tolerate the noise. Now I'm not even using it at all.

i have 4. i thought i was going to be able to handle the noise of one. it wasn't that bad but my ears pleaded with me to either spend more dollars and get some ear plugs or a device that actually quieted these monsters down. now i am a firm believer that if you buy hi-performance fans like these that they should be run full out but for my hearing and also for the fact that i have to hear my son when he wakes up, that i got my rheo.

Quit your whining! LOL I had a Delta 80 for 1 year and 1/4 and I sleep through it and the computer is on 24/7. Not to mention the other 9 fans in this case. At one point I did consider changing all to Vantec Stealth but I currently don't have the money for it.

Yodums said:
Quit your whining! LOL I had a Delta 80 for 1 year and 1/4 and I sleep through it and the computer is on 24/7. Not to mention the other 9 fans in this case. At one point I did consider changing all to Vantec Stealth but I currently don't have the money for it.

trust me, it's not a whine.
9 fans? :eek:

I got two of them,I put them in turned it on,wife started to pack.
I didn't know it would be that easy to get rid of her:D :D

JK..My wife rules:D

lol! nice. mine calls mine the 'planes'. the best is....how come our computers don't sound like ours here at home. "cos dear, they are souped up!" - she just looks at me and says..."only my husband."
hehe. she doesn't care.

I have a 60mm running at almost 7500 is it gunna be loader....it so..I might reconsider:D...cause this thaNG! is load

Noise what noise, I don't here it any more?

Look at it this way with it running, you will always know your system hasn't shut down on you.:D

Just added a 92mm Tornado to my SK-7. It's a little loud. :D Also running 2 Smart Fans at full tilt in that box. You can hear my system down the street. :p

Loud

I definitly think they are a little loud. I'v got 4 (2 92mm and 2 80mm) in my case hooked up to a rheobus and an 80mm on my swiftech heatsink. If it wasn't for the rheobus I think I'd go nuts. Takes a little bit to get used to.

B

are any of you using the nexus rheo? because my 2 80mm tornados just need to pipe down :\...thanks guys

yea i read that thread, but there are mixed reviews, some people say it works fine, some say it doesn't, so i don't know :(

Back