• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another LCD Topic, Ihave a broken TI-83 calculator...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cyrix_2k said:
Craneage, you know you can backlight those screens with some plexi and LED's, right?

BTW, If my parents let me, I'm going to install blue LED's in my silver edition.

What?

I just dug them out of the POS drawer, and it's a pair of ti-82s...I was interested in using the lcd as controlled by my PC as they don't work right as calcs and I have my ti-89 to crank away with for math.

I was just syaing that when you use them in your PC (assuming it's possible), that you can backlight those screens. There's a guide on richfiles. (Look up OC'ing the 83+ on ticalc.org)

hah if anyones taking chemistry i wrote a program called Chemistry for dumbasses.....it does EVERYTHING i leanred, but heres the great part....shows ALL the work..stoichiometry, molar mass conversions....molarity/molality ....

anyways...what else could u use as an LCD temp reader? what about like old watches ? or my fav, i have the circuit board from an old Mr Coffee that had one of the light up red clocks in the side...or alarm clocks? i know those displays are different...but they light up

Oooo, I'm taking Chem I next week...
BTW, all of geometry programs show there work too... too bad a dumbass reset the memmroty of my calculater today:mad:

Also, I sold the TI-Crap (the black one) for $30!:D It's amazing what some people are willing to pay for crap...

Hmm, If you can figure out how to control the stuff you named, I guess you make it display temps and stuff witha custom program.

well, the controller's on the board that the LCD is glued to. The controller has no markings at all, so I'm at a loss to what model it would be.

Cyrix_2k said:
the 82's are different nick. Anyways, we are talkin' 'bout using the LCD's to display our compy's temps.

I realize that...I believe the lcd from the 82 is quite similar if not identical to the lcd from the 83 (not positive but pretty sure).

ooh, i have an 86 that the keypad controlelr is shot on (sad, i had countless great programs i made on there...)

i'll have to keep an eye on this, if i can find that thing...i hope i diddnt chuck it at the move!

Do what? I don't think any of them actually hooked one up to a computer. Unless I missed it. But if anyone knows how I'll do it =)

Fighter2a said:
Do what? I don't think any of them actually hooked one up to a computer. Unless I missed it. But if anyone knows how I'll do it =)

like try to make a digidoc with it, if i can find some software to manipulate it

Back