• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Decent lookin face plate for teh cheep

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zerileous

I have a computer without a faceplate, is there any cheep way to make or aquire one to attatch to the front of the computer? Im pretty skilless when it comes to modding and im not going ot spend mcuh money on this.
Thanks

its some generic POS from gobi, its not even metal, its plastic, it has thin metal shielding attatched to the sides, it has a metal chassies but the enclosure itself (side and top and all) is plastic. The front of the chasies (not faceplate) and the bottom, and the backplate are metal, but the top and sides are plastic. Its a minitower. I dont hold out any hope for replacing it with an actual one.

I would just buy a new case- less hassle.

You can get dirt cheap generic ones for about $30 i believe (not from the States), or you can get a 2nd hand one from car boot sales or small PC stores- but keep the case you DO have... you may need a backup incase a modding goes wrong.

I've picked up cases without PSU's for $10-20. The shop would rip out the power supply for replacing a bad one and just sell the case off. Check the shops nearby.

if you dont' wanna spring for a new case, id try maybe a piece of lexan or acrylic cut to the same dimensions as the front of your case.... cut out some the areas where your optical drives/floppy drive/ usb inputs/ etc... would go... use some screws or standoffs to attach it to your case... use your imagination... i dont have any uber l33t modding skills myself, but it never hurts just to try something :D

How about say some Kydex, It isn't very expensive and comes in different thicknesses and you can paint it. You could even use say a heat gun and bend the sides around so that it could be attached with say screws. Should be fairly easy to do.

Back