• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Contiuosi beeping with MBM ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jackal2513

Tried to install MBM on my Gigabyte 8INXP last night but i get this beeping from teh motherboard... continuous blips equal times apart ???

any ideas ?

regards

Rich

MBM is sending an alarm to your system speaker.

If your computer is working fine, has been, and you haven't changed anything lately, then look at your MBM settings and something (one of the things batboy suggested) is probably configured incorrectly.

hmm.. strange..

this was runningf a fresh reinstall of MBM on a brand new hard disk so it should have been running with no sensors set up ???

go to the mbm website, theres a fix for most gigabyte boards. My GA 8ipe667 board did that at first too, and it freaked me out. I found the proper settings for Gigabyte boards on the website and no more beeping :D

Cool! this happened to my PE667 too, i just deleted MBM tho, since i got myself a nexus front panel, which does its job good enough.. But its good to know how to get it fixed and that it wasnt just a broken motherboard.

raven

This happened to me once. In the MBM advanced options
there is a checkbox for "Do not reset sensor switch on startup of
MBM".

Either check or uncheck that, depending upon where it is at
now......

hmm.. i catually dont thing its anything to do with MBM now.. it alwasy beeps when turning teh power on ! Checked AWARD site and it means theres a ram problem.

All my ram is showing and bandwidth seems okay-ish.. maybe its because im running 3500 in a 266mhz board ?

Back