Error in XP with new Mobo

Ok.... last night i just booted up and did a fresh install on a newly bought 120GB harddrive of Windows XP with my entirely new system... including the A7N8X deluxe, xp 2100+, radeon 8500le, etc. etc.... i have recently been starting to get a load of "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006)." errors when i try to run a few things from CD drives. Any suggestions on what the problem might be and how to resolve it? Thanks!

Have you locked the agp at 66, or is it set to auto? I forgot to lock mine back when I cleared cmos after a bios update, and was getting alot of errors, including video driver errors. If your running a high fsb, this may be your problem.
    Folding for team 32 / My heatware

10 Year Badge
    LOL,I reccomend just re-formatting when you get a new mobo,everything runs so smoothly with a fresh start.
    Heatware:Heat

10 Year Badge
    Take a nip into device manager, remove any items that relate to all your cd/dvd drives, reboot, that should take care of it, after that, i am stuck!

This problem does come from Windows (in general, not just XP) not registering the CD drive letter properly, and returns this error.
    Intel i5-4460 3.2GHz with stock cooler Kingston DDR3-1333 2x4GB
    Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2 MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card
    2x 120GB Kingston SSDNow! 1xSeagate 1TB Corsair 200R
    Corsair CX430M PSU Stock Intel Cool for now

Yeh... i was reading somewhere i think it has to do with my old old piece o sh*t Toshiba DVD-rom, cuz some people with some other quite old DVD drives were having somewhat similar problems. HMmm.... i'll try that device manager thing, see if it reinstalls em correctly...