• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Card sales this month

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evnas

Heres a quote from an article at DigiTimes

Due to different chip supply schedules, graphics card manufacturers in the ATI Technologies camp have been reporting strong sales for March, while companies in the opposing Nvidia camp said that they expect their sales to improve in April. With ATI releasing its Radeon 9800 (R350), Radeon 9600 (RV350) and Radeon 9200 (RV280) series chips in early March, card makers such as Gigabyte Technology and CP Technology have seen their graphics card sales continue to rise in March.

Sales of Nvidia-based graphics cards, however, have been hampered by overall chip supply. Though Nvidia unveiled its lower-end GeForce FX 5600 (NV31) and 5200 (NV34) chips in early March as well, volume shipments of NV31 and NV34 chips will not be available until April. Makers of Nvidia-based cards may face pressure even after chip supply improves. Manufacturers of ATI-based cards said they are planning to introduce updated products in April and May just as their competitors’ new products are reaching the channel.

http://www.digitimes.com/NewsShow/Article3.asp?datePublish=2003/03/21&pages=14&seq=73

I've been saying for a while now that ATi's sales would surpass Nvidia's early this year, that could change if nvidia releases some of those FX card they have been talking about since this time last year...

But what do they mean ATi will release 'updated products' in may? Are they talking about a 256mb series or will the 9900 actually be faster? Maybe they are just are just optimistcly predicting an early launch of r400, it's supposed to be out in june or july according to what I have heard but I didn't really expect it to be out until a little later (septemberish).

by "updated products", i think they mean the actual availability of the 9800, 9600. and 9200 on shelves in April/May, and possibly 256mb 9800

Sales must be pretty good. If you try and preorder the 9800Pro from ATIs site they are sold out!

I'm happy I got my order in :D

T.

i heard 9800 with ddr2 256 mb version is gonna be $499, c'mon ATI it was a killer deal when i got my 9700pro for 299!!

Back