• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbie with SH6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bob

Ok, the Abit SH6 is up and running with my P3 550. Now I am ready to tweak it just a bit. Anyone with the patience to help me through it? Just remember it is Christmas morning and how good you will feel by giving to others.

Bob

I just got a SH6 too. Right now I am running a P3-700 at 966, not 100% sure if it is 100% stable:p I was able to get it to go at 1006 but it crashed in less than 30 minutes of 3DMark. So far, just the usual tweaks in the BIOS, upping the voltage to 1.85 etc. I couldn't get my Muskin Rev 2 ram to run at 2-2-2 5/7 so it is running now at 2-2-2 7/9.

I got a question for u. When u turn on the system, do u hear 1 or 2 beeps? I hear 2 for mine which is weird cos so far all my mobos only beep once. I am worried that the extra beep is to tell me that something is amiss. I hear the first beep b4 the screen where they test the ram and another beep right after that the the screen will show the IRQs of the cards and stuff.

I only get one beep just after the initial post screen. Hey, I need more help than that. Lets start at the dip switches and go from there. I have P3 550e. 128meg of Kingmax 133Mhz TBGA memory. Video, audio are on board and modem is USR. Give me some settings. I will be more than happy with 133Mhz yielding 733. thanks
Bob

Back