• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geforce 4 ti4200 suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ixijustinixi

Registered
I'm planning on getting an Abit It7-Max 2.0 v. 2.0. Do any of you guys have any suggestions as to what brand geforce 4 ti4200 i should buy? of course, it has to be a 4x. thnx for your input

My Abit Siluro GF 4 Ti 4200 is bad for overclocking. Default GPU/RAM is 250/500 MHz and overclocked it runs 285/600 MHz with NO artifacts, no errors and does not crash no matter what test I throw at it. At 286 MHz it will crash during the nature test (3D Mark 2001). The RAM can go up to 615 MHz but at those speeds you start noticing artifacts (snow).

I installed the thermaltake GF4 cooling kit on my card. (Copper GPU heatsink with copper RAM heatsinks on both sides.)

If you want my advice, then get the Ti 4200 turbo. I heard some amazing things about it.

get an MSI, i got a 4200 ti with the TOP tech cooling overclocked from the stock 250/513 to 300/621 (thats geforce ti 4600 speeds)

i only got the 64mb version tho, with agp 8x. it came with a ton of useful tools and a pack of games that are actually dececent and popular that show off what the card can do-
it came with over 17 differnt full programs and all kinds of connectors, if you go to the msi site the model of my card is the MSI Starforce Geforce 4 ti 4200 with AGP8x, MSI adds the number
8894 at the end of the cards name
here is a link to the card i have, for the price (120 bucks US after tax) i think it is quite a bargain- its like haveing a ti 4600 i just short some ram and i saved some cash lol

the link to the vid card:
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/vga/vga/pro_vga_detail.php?UID=379&MODEL=MS-8894

if a forum admin reads this please do not be upset by my posting a link i am of the understanding that so long as im not advertising or spam or what not that it was ok to place a link. i got this from a mod so if that mod was incorrect plz let me know

Yeah I gotta agree with people about the MSI cards. They can overclock pretty high, even with stock cooling. But as with all aspects of computers, no two cards are the same. I can get 315 core / 590 mem. But I've seen MSI cards hit 320s core and 600+ mem. So I am going to try doing the GF4 Ti4200 Voltage Mod to see if I can up my overclocks any.

One thing I might add. I put some aluminum heatsinks on the ram, and it didn't help me overclock the memory one bit. Alot of people also say that ramsinks don't make a difference on their respective brand of the Ti4200 card.

Cube said:
Yeah I gotta agree with people about the MSI cards. They can overclock pretty high, even with stock cooling. But as with all aspects of computers, no two cards are the same. I can get 315 core / 590 mem. But I've seen MSI cards hit 320s core and 600+ mem. So I am going to try doing the GF4 Ti4200 Voltage Mod to see if I can up my overclocks any.

One thing I might add. I put some aluminum heatsinks on the ram, and it didn't help me overclock the memory one bit. Alot of people also say that ramsinks don't make a difference on their respective brand of the Ti4200 card.
alot depends on the memory. mines 4.0 ns so my o/c is excellent for 4ns memory. now the 8x cards with 3.6-3.3 memory. huge overclocks ! ive see 340/740 .. if in fact that's accurate, thats huge ! ive done the calculations and indeed it is possible .. so all you newer MSI G4 TI4200 8x owners. "you really have one hell of a card" !

Go MSI. I have the MSI GF4 440 8X Dual head card.

Its stock speeds are 275/513, I have it overclocked to 360/701 with NO problems and benchmarks 9259 on 3DMark2001. Thats 4200 territory.

I am planning on an MSI 4200 dual head based on my experience with the 440. MSI is a quality card, and known for overclocking well.

I got the Asylum GF4 Ti 4200 128 MB, they come with a nice cooling unit and the new high clocked ram (513mhz) instead of the low 444mhz ones.

I also have the BFG AsylumTI-4200 128 meg with the 513 clock. I got it a month ago when best buy had it for 110 AMIR. It seems to be doing pretty good except I am having some issues with DVI and my VG151 LCD monitor.

HEATER

:burn: I have had the Asylum Ti 4200 hooked up for a week now and those copper plates are hot !! Even though this has only 64megs, your clock numbers seem to be the same, this card seems fine, and preforms well, but when I touched the card it made me jump!! Is this because these cards are 8x with high speed memory. This is an Antec case with many fans , the cpu temps stay around 30c, the case temps at 25c , tonight I will run one of the thermaltake fan temp leads to the card, and add an extra fan to the top side of the card, I gotta do something....

VIA P4PB 400 [email protected] 256megs DDR333 ....

I think its a good thing that the plates are hot, it means they are taking the heat away from the memory and core. I am thinking of whether or not I should upgrade to better cooling for the ram though. Maybe glue some custom heatsinks to them.

Does 128mb actually make a huge difference? Is it worth the extra $?
If not, I think I'll get the 64mb MSI... $115 is a helluva good deal.

Back