• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you place a mobo on a 45* angle?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LiGhTBoY

Will it cause any problems to place a mobo on a 45* (or less) angle? I don't think so , but I asked just to be sure. It won't cause any trouble with fan vibrations right?
Thank you.

AFAIK the motherboard will be fine but i would avoid doing the same to the hardrive i dont think they like been put at angles.

as long as you have something supporting the mobo along the bottom, i don't think there should be a problem. but if you don't, the weight on an unsupported section could cause it to bend and eventually crack :eek:

-daga

Thanks for the replies.
It will have a support under it (a square piece of metal, and it will be screwed on it). The hard disk and the rest of the parts will be mounted in their normal position.

I'm sure it goes without saying, but if you're going to be using a piece of metal to support it, make sure that it's not making direct contact with the bottom of the board or you'll almost certainly smoke it.

Although you always manage to crack a smile on my face, this is not the first time I've built a pc. I just asked if it will be ok. I know how to handle the mounting of the motherboard =)

Back