• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to read ns

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1-Man-Army

ah can we make a guide to tell ppl how to determine ns on the video card's ram plz
"For those of u who dont no what ns means it means "Nano Second"

[size=2.2]How to determine how much ns is on ur video card's ram chip, to determine ur video cards ns u write down what u see on one of the ram chips and then look at the colum with numbers and a hypen after the hypen it would be the ns example [/size]

Hynix 234A
HY50V641622AT-4 "here is what ur looking for it says 4ns"
Korea

[size=2.5]"This only applies to some Ram and not all types."[/size]
[size=2.5]To determine rated speed you divide 1000 by ns rating.[/size]
[size=2.5]Note on sum video cards the rated speed is not always true u have to test to find out![/size]

Last edited:
This way, most ppl will be able to read what NS they have and reduce the numbers of NS threads to save "bandwidth"( my 0.02 cents ).

I know myself, because I started a thread about finding my NS numbers, If would have known this thread was here, I wouldn't have posted it.

But if we make this a Sticky, then this would answer lots of questions. But we will say that this only applies to some RAM and not all types of RAM.

Once it becomes a sticky it will become invisible. It always seems to happen that alot of ?'s that are in the FAQ's and such still get asked.

ya but if we make it in caps "read this first if u want to determine ur ns" then it would catch there attention

Last edited:
should be sticky.
and should also say that to determine rated speed you divide 1000 by ns rating. (could you add this at the top, 1-man-army? people are so lazy nowadays, they don't scroll all the way down, especially in stickies! :))

I hope the MOD's make this a *sticky*.

Maybe you could get them to change the title though.

Need something to get readers attention.

im not sure if i can find all of them cause it looks like all of the companys use the same standard to find the specs for the ram cause i just checked out the hynix data sheets and it looks different but i can tell how much ns it has here linky http://www.hynix.com/products/dram/down/DDR_part_no.pdf this link also sums up all the stuff about the ram i found out with this data sheet that my ram use's 3.3v never knew

Back