• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What&#39s the maximum CPU for an Abit BH6 1.01?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chr[i]s

Hey there,

I was just wondering what the maximum CPU for an Abit BH6 1.01 would be? Feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

A quick trip to Abit-USA provided this...

CPU
1.Supports Pentium®III 450~700 MHz processor cartridge.
2.Supports Pentium®II 350 ~ 450 MHz processor cartridge (Based on 100MHz clock)
3.Supports Pentium®II 233 ~ 333 MHz processor cartridge (Based on 66MHz clock)
4.Supports Celeron®266 ~ 333 MHz processor cartridge (Based on 66MHz clock)

Do you think it would support higher? I was hoping to overclock a P3 800E in it.

hmmmm,

well... i have an abit bh6 1.0a...

It say's it only support up to a pIII600.... I've heard of the ss bios being able to handle pIII800's......

I don't know the actuall limit of the bh6... but abit officially support's 700 for your version I think... but I'm almost possitive it does more..

Chrs (Jan 07, 2001 04:42 p.m.):
Hey there,

I was just wondering what the maximum CPU for an Abit BH6 1.01 would be? Feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I ran a Cel 566 o/c to 876 with no problem. Although Abit doesn't recognize support, I have read several posts where people are running the Intel 800 with no problems. The chips are cheap so it is easy to find out. Enjoy.

Pentium 3 750

I have a Pentium 3 750 Oc'd to 997.5 runs nice and stable. Not sure which Bios Revision my board is but it is the final put out by ABIT. I suggest flashing your bios if you have the knowledge. The only issue I had was finding memory that would work with the OC. Believe it or not 133 did not work so well. Using PC 100. Cheers

PS I had a PIII 500 in it and it also worked well. I OC'd some celeron in it and they seem to have more head room. Good luck

Back