• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SoftFSB question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MooT

Registered
When I set FSB to 120 (840) in the bios and boot, CPU stab test crashes in like a minute or 2, but when I boot up at 105 (735) and increase the FSB with SoftFSB its stable. I haven't had a chance to run it for more than an hour and a half but it didn't crash. So whats the deal here? What does SoftFSB do differently than the BIOS? Also is there any programs like SoftFSB that you can change the VCore?

>( MººTDawG >(

AbitVt6x4 w/700@840 1.75V stk hs+fan
Leadtek S320 II Ultra
Kingmax PC150 (2*128)
Adaptec SCSI Controller
Smart and Friendly CDR
AOpen 52x CDROM

I can't tell you exactly what softFSB does differently than the BIOS, but it seems to me that you need way better cooling that the stock cooler! GlobalWin or Alpha, go with either of them! :)

I got a PEP66, but I'm waiting on my 3 to 4 pin adapter. I'll have my PEP66 running by Friday. I'm also planning on making a fanbus for a few extra case fans.

Its a cB0 stepping Flip Chip, Retail.

MººTDawG

During boot the cpu is running 100% duty cycle and gets hot fast! Then it's too warm to be stable in booting Windows. With SoftFSB you have already cooled the processor down with Windows.

You need more cooling to cure the problem.

Its boots up fine at 120(840) but the StabTest fails after windows is allready loaded. But when I boot up at a lower fsb (105) and change it with SoftSB it doesn't fail. Hmmm.....whats up with that?? You see what I'm asking now?? I know I need better cooling to get it higher than what I got now I'm just boggled by the fact that the SoftFSB change is more stable than BIOS change..

Back