• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my DigiDoc, what do you think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LittlePiggie

here is my digidoc 5 modded into my case blank. took me about 4 hours from start to finish.
digi1.jpg

digiBack.jpg

digiBack2.jpg

digiSide.jpg

digiThru.jpg

so, what do you all think??

I like it, especially the buttons...

thanks, I decided to not use the standoffs to hold the top on because I would have had to hack up the front that came with it, and I want to save it in case I get a new case and need to use the real face.

yeah, I am going to try and get some better pics. this camera sux, so it's hard. I'll have updated pics soon.

EDIT:

Got new pics of the front. somewhat clearer.

digiFront.jpg
digiFrontRight.jpg
digiFrontLeft.jpg

Last edited:
ok, got more pics. I superglued it onto the plate for easy transfer back to the oroginal faceplate if need be. I also offset the screen slightly to the bottom so I can see the whole screen from my chair :D

oh, got some with it in my case. my case is currently on the operating table, so it is rather gutted. :eek:

caseSide.jpg

caseUp.jpg

yeah, I have two more blanks ;). I'm going to stealth those, and take out the floppy. I never use it anyway :p

I made cardboard template with the edge of the lcd as a guide. then I clamped it to the blank and drilled three small holes for each oval button, and one big hole for each triangle button. I then used a set of model files to shape them.

Back