• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best all-around case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Agent Z

yes i am looking for a cool case and also one that will be a great help in keeping my pc cool anyone have any cases that they would like to recomend...please provide a link or something so i can see what is looks like....
oh and i don't want to pay over 100$ for one....

10 to 1 someone mentions Chieftec or Antec

They are a very popular case....

I just purchased a from newegg. It should be in today.

Although I'm sure it isn't the BEST case, but I'm sure it will work well.

It's supposed to arrive today. I'll let you know how it is after I install my equipment..

Re: 10 to 1 someone mentions Chieftec or Antec

palee72 said:
They are a very popular case....

I just purchased a from newegg. It should be in today.

Although I'm sure it isn't the BEST case, but I'm sure it will work well.

It's supposed to arrive today. I'll let you know how it is after I install my equipment..

yup yup yup

I really like the case that Maxlva provided the link to...It is the only really different case that I have seen that is not some two tone plastic thang...Here is a link to that case with a 350watt Channel Well PSU for 64.95 http://www.svc.com/sichxmidtoca.html Other than that case if not for the color (bronze) The Antec SLK3700AMB is one I was looking at before Maxlva came up with the case he reviewed. It has two places for 120m/m fans, one in the rear that comes with the case and provisions for an additional 120m/m fan in the front...Nice case...Funky color...:)

i personaly think this case form chieftec is your best value. it dosent have a side intake for your VGA but it is EZ to mod for yourself. if your airflow is good enough though (which it will be with the right, but maybe noisy, fans) you wont even notice the abscence of the side fan in your VGA card temps.

I would have to agree with the Chieftech statment...you can find what is the same thing as the antec SX1000 series with a window and side fan for about 75.00 bones...Great cases...provisions for 5 80m/m fans that just "snap" in...plenty of room...solid as a rock...Can find them in a rainbow of colors...They are simply the best bang for buck case on the market that are of real quality...;)

i was looking at a lian li casefor about 129 before shipping no power supply ....and after looking into power supplys i decided the case wasn:t as important to me at this point but the p.s. wasn;t gonna be junk...so i bought my friends no name nothin case for 10 bucks and slapped a 90 dollar enermax into it ....some things can wait.......don;t get cheap on a power supply

They have that case at SCV with a 350watt Channel Well power supply for 64.95...shipping not included...I agree, that is one bad to the bone, double throw down, double barrell bad case...And the power supply aint bad either...;)

AHH!!! i could spend and spend to make a MONSTER RIG!!
but i then hear the alarm and realize i need to wake up..
*sniffle*

I personally like In-Win cases. Well built, roomy, easy to work with. Anything a system builder could ask for. Personally though, they are a bit bland, but I could care less if my client doesn't have a taste for looks.

Yeah I like Lain-Li's too!!! They are IMHO the baddest of the bad...Might make your wallet run for cover...Well I guess that depends on how fat it is...But high dollar none the less...The one I like is only a measly 200.00 plus bucks...I just cannot seem to budget it in...start thinking about "well if I ditch the Lian-Li" I start coming up with more memory, or a better video card, or bigger hard drive, faster processor...But one of these days I am going to just bite the bullet and get me one...:D

Well, got that case today. The window is scratched up (the hardware bag was left loose and flung around the inside of the caes, plus, it didn't have the plastic protective film), it is thin steel, the front bay panels seem very flimzy. I'm still not sure if I will keep it or send it back. I can replace the Acrylic window cheaper than I can send it back... And I can live with the other....things...

So, I would not reccomend this case to anyone interested in quality...

Ah man that is not cool...
You should at least call them up or email them and tell them that you were not impressed and also about the scratchs...

I would say go with Chieftec/Antec/and about a dozen other names. They are good, sturdy and easy on the wallet. Plus you can by replacement panels easily. They come in many colors and are easy to mod. It is exactley what you are looking for "A good all around case"

Agent Z said:
Ah man that is not cool...
You should at least call them up or email them and tell them that you were not impressed and also about the scratchs...

I shot them an e-mail earlier this morning, but haven't gotten a reply from them. It was kind of early when I sent it.. They're based in CA, so it is still only like 6:30am there..

Back