• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Intel 850E chipset good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i've got that board and i love it. you can get it cheap of ebay and its got a ton of features. RDRAM is still the top performer (tho somewat expensive)..however, if you are a major overclocker, then RDram isn't for you cuz 1) RDram isn't a good oc'ing memory 2) 8ihxp has a max fsb of 156...for me, its great cuz i'm not a hardcore OC'er, but otherwise, its a great board!! go for it

ill just throw in my 2 cents...

its a great RDRAM board =) many ppl i talk to have it. and they love it! you should be very pleased with it. Though im not to sure about the max FSB, but im sure there is some type of hack which can let you raise it more..

raven

I don't know man. Yeah, RDRAM is nice, but I've got DDR on my 8PE667 Ultra2 and I've got my CPU at a solid 180 FSB... You should know Raven! hehe.

I suggest getting a DDR board with the 845PE chipset. If anything, the memory sticks will be cheaper.

Back