Little problem after doing a image using Norton Ghost 2003

I am new to this so go easy.

I setup Windows XP Pro installed the lastest stuff and programs then made a image of my drive......to test if it worked i restore the image. But when my BIOS is seaching for a OS it says that there is no Boot disks or media detected...plz insert boot disk or something..... i went into the repair feature on the Windows XP pro CD and tryed to fix the MBR and the Boot sector, but that did not help...anything else u can tell me todo???

Come on guys.

Bumb...come on...i have important stuff on there.....

What program did you use? It might have just compressed your hard drive into an image file and not copied the drive. Norton Ghost is great for copying from drive to drive. You have to select an option that copies the boot sector. I believe there is a selection for "Boot Image" that will copy everything on the drive.

I think it might be that too. There is a selection for copying the boot sector along with everything else.
    Hello:sn:

is there anywy to restore the boot sector???

I am not sure I would have suggesting to try to do a repair but it looks like it didn't work for you.
    Hello:sn:

Gloriously Lead
    Overclockix Chief Architect
    try this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;318728

you need to create a floppy disk with basically a copy of a winxp boot sector... i know it's for win2k, but i believe that it should work for winxp cause i think the way the boot is similar.... your computer is just looking in the wrong place for a boot sector... norton ghost uses a virtual drive to boot from to run it's operations and it is probably trying to boot from that again, but it can't find an os. the boot disk will allow you to boot into windows and fix the files...

i've done this before and it worked great (that was on win2k) so i can give you a little help if you need it...
    intel i5-750 -- msi p55-gd65 -- 4 x 4gb ddr3 1600 -- msi gtx550 ti cyclone oc 1gb -- antec p182 -- ocz fatal1ty 750w -- windows 8.1 x64
    intel i5-3330 -- msi z77a-gd65 -- 4 x 8gb ddr3 1600 -- intel hd graphics 2500 -- fractal design define r4 black -- debian wheezy amd64

forum rules | overclockix | overclockers geforce survey | mbentley.net