• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Little problem after doing a image using Norton Ghost 2003

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Th0r

I am new to this so go easy.

I setup Windows XP Pro installed the lastest stuff and programs then made a image of my drive......to test if it worked i restore the image. But when my BIOS is seaching for a OS it says that there is no Boot disks or media detected...plz insert boot disk or something..... i went into the repair feature on the Windows XP pro CD and tryed to fix the MBR and the Boot sector, but that did not help...anything else u can tell me todo???

What program did you use? It might have just compressed your hard drive into an image file and not copied the drive. Norton Ghost is great for copying from drive to drive. You have to select an option that copies the boot sector. I believe there is a selection for "Boot Image" that will copy everything on the drive.

try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318728

you need to create a floppy disk with basically a copy of a winxp boot sector... i know it's for win2k, but i believe that it should work for winxp cause i think the way the boot is similar.... your computer is just looking in the wrong place for a boot sector... norton ghost uses a virtual drive to boot from to run it's operations and it is probably trying to boot from that again, but it can't find an os. the boot disk will allow you to boot into windows and fix the files...

i've done this before and it worked great (that was on win2k) so i can give you a little help if you need it...

Back