• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some feedback on my system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LittlePiggie

Here is my system in all it's unassempled glory :D tell me what you guys think so far?

*Uptaded*
My system <--56k beware :p

I checked everything for clearance, and it fits over my tallest card - ti4600 - with about 2mm to spare. The only thing I am going to have an issue with is routing my hose so it doesn't kink, the block is literally right under the top of the rad, and no hose (even tygon) can go that tight without crimping. any suggestions on that? I've heard of people putting a spring in it and boiling it, then bending the tubing to the position desired, then leting it cool. does this work?

I have a Maxi-Jet 1200 powering it, submerged in the res with the output poking out the hole in the middle. I am making a switch for the pump on my other blank, along with a light dimmer for the 10" fan I am getting on monday :D.

Should I have the rad before or after the block?

and yes, I am going to comb it before I get it running ;).

Last edited:
heh, all I have to do is take the hold-downs off the rad and flip it over so it's laying over the top :D. I think I'm going to use zip ties for the hold-downs, so it'll be easy to take em off.

I just finished the rad and the drive blank with the switch for the pump and the dimmer for my fan. pics comming in about 10 mins. :D

new pics in the main post :) check em out :d

Last edited:
Hmm, I hope "flipping the rad over to service" doesn't cause the waterblock to shift. Might think of putting an extra 20" of hose between the block and rad and loop it before it goes into the rad so it has the slack to move the rad as often as you want. Will keep you from accidently shifting the waterblock and chipping your core.

hey, I found a heatercoret hat will work!! w00t!!

http://www.rockauto.com/ref/Stant/Detail.html?8240.gif

time to get it from knects with my mom's hard earned moola :D.

I'll be sure to take some more pics when I get that and post before/after temps.

I was talking to luta, and we came to the conlusion that I am going to have heat problems with this setup. either 1) I'll be sucking the hot air from INSIDE the case through the rad and causing a substantial dead spot over the middle of the mobo, or 2) I'll be blowing hot air from the rad onto the mobo and all the vital bits.

I think though, that if I am blowing in, the air won't be too warm cuz I have a 550cfm fan on it :eek:. the problem I think I'll have with blowing in is that I'll encounter too much resistance to do any good.

GODDAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I broke one of the barbs off cuz I didn't have ime to let it completely dry and goosh. water ALL OVER.. I am thankful I'm getting a new heatercore. this one is going on the chopping block. grrrrr.

Back