• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pwned2k

ya im about to buy another P4, goin for the SL6EF at excaliberpc.com. i have a 1.8 C1 that i got out of a dell, but its a dud that only does 2.83 at default voltage and thats it with this retail 1.6A cooler. im using it with a P4PE.. the worst board ever. im selling the P4PE and the 1.8A to buy new goodies.

so you guys think ill have some luck with this 2.4 SL6EF if i get one? ill be using a old BD7 with it until some new springdale/canterwood arrive.

any input would be great. :)

would a 2.53 oem/retail be better maybe? let a brotha know.

maybe my standards are high.. too high.

A 1.8 that does 2.4 is of course a much better chip !

A 2.53 might be ok. Trial and error is the the only test.

Some people get good overclocks others just get crap chips.

dont really got the cash to just get another one if i get a dud.

since there is no frys in my area cause i live on the east, i cant just run up there and hand pick it. :(

i gotta order soon cause the person wants the stuff tommarow, so i gotta make a decision. so all you peeps with those 2.4B's and 2.53B's, holla back at me and give me advice. if not ill just a 2.4 SL6EF... :eek:

What speed are you looking to get out of a chip? Most of the SL6EF's seem to be hitting between 3.06 and 3.33 (roughly). I have one from excaliber that does 3.15 @stock voltage. Will do a little more if I bump it up.

i seriously wanna get the most that i can out of it, 3.3 24/7 would be fine. 3.5 is wut im really looking forward to, am i asking for too much? ill pick up a alpha 8942 to go with it, or we'll see what the retail cooler can do.

omfg said:
...3.5 is wut im really looking forward to, am i asking for too much?

Yes.

Unless you manage to pick up a multiple vid chip, like a 2.4 GHz-SL6RZ or a 2.53 GHz-SL6S2, I'm pretty certain you're not going to hit 3.5 GHz. You'd be lucky to get to 3.3 with a Sl6EF, but you'll probably be able to hit 3.0 - 3.1 with it.

2.83 at default voltage is really nice oc MON!
mine isn't stable even at 1.7 voltage (1.78 in probe2)
another thing that my board sucks at more than 150 fsb

you wont hit 3.5 with air thats for sure, unless our extreme lucky, getting the 2.53 over 3ghz though wont be to much of a job, if you want 3.5 go buy or prometia or buy a 3.06ghz, dont set your hopes too high or else you will be dissapointed for sure.

Back