• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Setting up UT webserver over ICS???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TyRex

Does anyone know if it's possible to set up a UT webserver on a client machine over a LAN using ICS(win98)??? I've tried for hours to figure out how.....I can get the server up...but how do I link people to it? Since my computer is a client and therefore doesnt have an actuall web IP, I can't figure out how to link people to my computer!?!?!?!?!?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanx

It should work, as the packets are only being handed off by the internet host (98 machine). The client PC doesn't even get a IP address from your ISP if I remember right.

If you're running any type of firewall software on either machine I'm willing to bet that's your issue. I can't remember if I ever tried this, I think I ended up just putting the UT server on the server/host machine and running my game on the client and using webadmin to make changes as needed.

thats what i thought...but when i try to link the webserver addy to my friends, they get nothing....and their isnt a firewall up to block it....anyone else???

Some of this might help:

http://blarp.com/faq/faqmanager.cgi?file=kerio_ics&toc=kerio

Looks to me the simplest solution is to run the UT server on the host machine (the one directly connected to the internet). Comes down to a DHCP issue, the DHCP service isn't forwarding the internet requests to the client server (which is considered to be on a local area network in an ICS scenerio). there are some suggestions in that link that could help, but I still think you'be be better off just running the game's server software on the host rather than the client.

Last edited:
thanx man....It would be simplier to run it off the server, but I dont like the thought of running a UT webserver on a 200mhz original pentium......Thanx for link too...

Back