Thread: Xbox

Xbox

anybody know the size of the fan on the xbox?
    and the specs?

The xbox is basically a p3 733mghz, 64mb of shared memory, and a geforce 3. It runs linux 'ok' but the resolution is limited to 640x480 and the file system/partitioning for linux is still quirky.

I think the fan may be proprietary, its oddly shaped to snap into the case and does not look like its 70 or 80mm. The gpu fan is 40mm if you have an older xbox. The newer ones do not have the gpu fan anymore.

If you plan to get an xbox to fit into a pc case I would suggest the v1.2 one since it has the standard atx psu 12pin plug on the motherboard.

-efini

10 Year Badge
    You're in luck, I just happen to have a ruler and an open xbox sitting beside me.... 60mm fan on the back.

Anyone got any pics of some toggle swiches that they mounted on the exterior of their xbox to turn of their mod chips?
    EVGA 680i 122-CK-NF68-A1 | Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield | TRUE 120 | 4 GB CORSAIR Dominator 1066Mhz
    CMXAF1 Ram fan | Two GTX 260 Sonic 216SP in SLI mode | Antec 900 case | Antec HGC900 PSU
    SyncMaster 216BW Monitor | Lite-On IHAS124-04 DVD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HD

10 Year Badge
    For xbox case mods, I suggest heading over to the forums at www.xbox-scene.com

for hardware, check out the forums at www.xbox-hacker.net