Banned for being a BAD TRADER aka a Troll TheMightyBuck's Avatar

need a new pump... where to buy?

i need a new pump, modding mine to run inline rendered it FUBAR.....

i don't wanna order online, i'm impatient, and want it now.....

what stores sell quality pumps that have 'em in stock?

i need an inline pump... highest gph available... money no object...... just want it now.. need it now....

my wc is SOOO close to being operational.... just need a pump.

thanx

I dont know if im right but i would go for Iwaki if money is not a problem or Eheim if you're in a hurry. Any aquarium/hobby pet shop should have Eheim pumps in stock

As for the Iwaki i think you will have to order online
    The Iwaki MD-15R is a very good pump

Here is a website that can help you with your decision
    http://reefs.org/library/pumps/

You're gonna pay a premium for Eheim at a Pet Store/Aquarium shop. I got a Swiftech MCP300 and the Swiftech MCW50 off the internet for the same price as the Eheim 1250 at my local petstore. And mine included shipping and all the neccessary adapters to hook it in.

The only Eheim 1250 I could find in the city was at a reasonably priced aquarium shop and it was, no word of a lie, 250 bucks. Yeah whatever

That's CDN mind you

I'm in the same place but I don't need a pump right away but is looking at the Eheim 1250 and want to find it cheap online if anyone knows a place.
    XP 1800 on a gigabyte 7vrxp with 512 pny ram, ati 9700 np clocked at 324/310, TC-4 waterblock, Dtek heatercore, Ehiem 1048 pump, Two 80 gig WD 8 mb cache and Lian Li pc60 case

I've been looking to buy this pump, and the cheapest place I've found is this place. It's on sale now so you may want to order soon. I've never ordered form this place, but I'm about to. You'll probably want to pick up some fittings also.

EDIT: Get a 3/8"npt x 1/2" barbed and a 1/2"NPT x 1/2" barbed fitting if you're using 1/2" tubing, that is.
    Last edited by thorn; 04-10-03 at 10:06 AM.

Go to a pet store if you want to get a pump right away, but sometimes it pays off to be patient. If you can wait get an Eheim 1250 pump from DTek Customs, you'll be happier with the Eheim pump.

i bought a maxijet 1200 at a petstore for 20 bucks.... screw eheim!

danner mag 2 or mag 5 at any petsmart......even if i was willing to wait for an eheim/MCP to be shipped, I'd still go with a danner, IMO
    xp 1700(DLT3C JIUHB 0310) oc 2300(11.5*200, cas2) watercooled (39C at 1.65vcore)
    8RDA
    kingston 2x256megs hyperx pc3000
    My Heatware

Go to a pet store if you want to get a pump right away, but sometimes it pays off to be patient. If you can wait get an Eheim 1250 pump from DTek Customs, you'll be happier with the Eheim pump.
    It's $8 cheaper at criticool, and I've heard of many people who have ordered from them, just not me. Shipping was a little high ($20), but I ordered a bunch of stuff. I don't know how much shipping would be with only the 1250 pump.

i bought a maxijet 1200 at a petstore for 20 bucks.... screw eheim!
    I've read mixed results with the maxijet, and I wanted one of the best, and a proven performer. That's why I chose eheim. Enjoy, your pump, anyway. I hope you like it. BTW, I paid $60 for the eheim.

'eh, i'm just sick of ordering online. i'm so stubborn, i'm actually gonna sacrifice performance/reliability to my bullheadedness.

Registered
    eheim

Buck already bought his pump long ago, and an eheim was already suggested to him. And judging by your posts it appears you are only trying to increase your post count.

The Half Asleep Member Stedeman's Avatar
    I do see your point with the fact that he only posts “one liners” and has only posted for a total of “4 days” good eyes Thorn

Hempp, the point of being a member is to contribute to the community and what you’re doing is the kind of thing that will keep you out of the classifieds. Remember that the Mods in here do look over your history and how you contribute to the Forum. To me looks like one of the marks of a troll