• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need a new pump... where to buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheMightyBuck

Banned for being a BAD TRADER aka a Troll
i need a new pump, modding mine to run inline rendered it FUBAR.....

i don't wanna order online, i'm impatient, and want it now.....

what stores sell quality pumps that have 'em in stock?

i need an inline pump... highest gph available... money no object...... just want it now.. need it now....

my wc is SOOO close to being operational.... just need a pump.

thanx

I dont know if im right but i would go for Iwaki if money is not a problem or Eheim if you're in a hurry. Any aquarium/hobby pet shop should have Eheim pumps in stock

As for the Iwaki i think you will have to order online
The Iwaki MD-15R is a very good pump

Here is a website that can help you with your decision
http://reefs.org/library/pumps/ ;)

You're gonna pay a premium for Eheim at a Pet Store/Aquarium shop. I got a Swiftech MCP300 and the Swiftech MCW50 off the internet for the same price as the Eheim 1250 at my local petstore. And mine included shipping and all the neccessary adapters to hook it in.

The only Eheim 1250 I could find in the city was at a reasonably priced aquarium shop and it was, no word of a lie, 250 bucks. Yeah whatever :eek:

That's CDN mind you

I'm in the same place but I don't need a pump right away but is looking at the Eheim 1250 and want to find it cheap online if anyone knows a place.

I've been looking to buy this pump, and the cheapest place I've found is this place. It's on sale now so you may want to order soon. I've never ordered form this place, but I'm about to. You'll probably want to pick up some fittings also.

EDIT: Get a 3/8"npt x 1/2" barbed and a 1/2"NPT x 1/2" barbed fitting if you're using 1/2" tubing, that is.

Last edited:
danner mag 2 or mag 5 at any petsmart......even if i was willing to wait for an eheim/MCP to be shipped, I'd still go with a danner, IMO

Go to a pet store if you want to get a pump right away, but sometimes it pays off to be patient. If you can wait get an Eheim 1250 pump from DTek Customs, you'll be happier with the Eheim pump.

It's $8 cheaper at criticool, and I've heard of many people who have ordered from them, just not me. Shipping was a little high ($20), but I ordered a bunch of stuff. I don't know how much shipping would be with only the 1250 pump.

i bought a maxijet 1200 at a petstore for 20 bucks.... screw eheim!

I've read mixed results with the maxijet, and I wanted one of the best, and a proven performer. That's why I chose eheim. Enjoy, your pump, anyway. I hope you like it. BTW, I paid $60 for the eheim.

'eh, i'm just sick of ordering online. i'm so stubborn, i'm actually gonna sacrifice performance/reliability to my bullheadedness.

I do see your point with the fact that he only posts “one liners” and has only posted for a total of “4 days” good eyes Thorn

Hempp, the point of being a member is to contribute to the community and what you’re doing is the kind of thing that will keep you out of the classifieds. Remember that the Mods in here do look over your history and how you contribute to the Forum. To me looks like one of the marks of a troll

Back