• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Favorite Color for Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Favorite Color for a Case?

• Beige/White

Votes: 40 4.2%
  • Red

Votes: 21 2.2%
  • Green

Votes: 28 2.9%
  • Blue

Votes: 95 9.9%
  • Black

Votes: 482 50.2%
  • Silver

Votes: 184 19.2%
  • Chrome

Votes: 42 4.4%
  • Yellow

Votes: 16 1.7%
  • Purple

Votes: 9 0.9%
  • Grey

Votes: 18 1.9%
  • Clear/transparent

Votes: 25 2.6%

• Total voters
silverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... mostly because the lian-li cases rule. i just wish i could afford one. :eek:

RangerJoe said:
will you add aluminum to the list, and change my vote to that....

ALUM ROCKS!!!!

I can't edit a poll once I've made it, but a mod can! :)

IMHO Blue, Chrome, or black are the coolest colors for a case

Voodoo Rufus said:
I voted for black, but blue or aluminum seems nice.

I love carbon fiber though. I want to build a case out of that stuff someday.

Good luck!!! You're talking thousands upon thousands of dollars (for producing only one). You can't just buy carbon fiber and cut it up.

But in theory, a carbon fiber case would be beyond pimp. The top and bottom of the front bezel on my Lian-Li have a carbon fiber look to them....it looks SO sweet.

Thousands? I bought a carbon fiber strut for my RC car to stiffen the chassis. It wasn't that expensive, like $15. Why not just buy a few sheets of the stuff and build a case from there?

Well, I'm saying if you had a complete case made for yourself. Meaning totally designed and built as a computer case, not just separate sheets of carbon fiber glued together.

Plus that RC car part is mass produced. I was figuring in the cost of tooling and stuff for building only one case.

Mass producing carbon fiber cases would be the only "cheap" way of doing it, without resorting to building one yourself. Remember, you can't cut carbon fiber.....it'll look really messy since it's totally different than from working with metals.

Beige would be my vote. You can "easily" change the color of a case, but the design of the case is what really matters (and is usually much harder to change). :)

I had to go with black because it matches the speakers and it is easy to find drives that are black.

I really want to get rid of my ugle beige case and buy a pretty green one... but no one wants to buy it :/

I voted silver as thats the closest choice to the aluminum of my Lian Li, I choose blue for the inside as mine came with a blue cathode.

I couldnt do chrome, the fingerprints and dust would show up instantly and I'd never get a chance to use the computer with all that polishing(Maybe thats why they fazed out chrome car bumpers.........)

Back