• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Teams??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZedBias

I just become a new member of SETI and overclockers.com and I was wondering whats all this team stuff about on SETi, what does it mean to be in a team and how do you get into one.

In addition to crunching Seti by yourself you can also join groups of people and combine your work unit production with all of the other team members. Teams are simply another facet of Seti for those who like to be competitive and enjoy a community of people interested in the same thing. You join a team by visiting the team's Berkeley stats page and clicking on "join."

Team are groups of SETI users that have joined into one massive collected named, just to view you can get the most WU out of their PC's. To the project there is no difference if the user crunchs for a team or not, what matters is the results uploaded.

The groups are running to see who crunches more WU that the others. Right now Overclockers.com is ranked 20 all over the world with just a little less than 2,000,000 WU returned. Usually teams have web pages were they display all their stats and have forums where they can hang out to talk about almost everything (specially PCs and SETI)......If you have joined SETI you might consider entering a team just for to help all of us (and be part of it) to reach the top 10 teams all over the world :burn:

If you really want to know more, just hang around, ask questions, and when you feel confortable join us using the link in my sign ;)

Cool, I would not mind helping out, Is there any kind of minimu WU I have to kick out a day or is it as many as you can manage?

If you want to join with the team (I'm supposing that you are already a SETI@Home member) you need to get your SETI@Home account password....This will generate an automatic answer to your e-mail address used when you subscribed to S@H.

The go to this page to join OC.com SETI team.

As for participation, everything is optional. You can crunch as much or as little as you can, and you can participate in the forums as little or as much as you have time.....we really appreciate every WU you crunch for you, the team and the S@H project. THKS.

Just looked on the ocsetiteam.com and seen on the members page on guy done 286460 in one day?? How the hell can any one day?

Don't forget theres a decimal point in there. 286 wu's a day isn't that hard if you figure a good machine these days will produce nearly 8 wu's/day. So that would be maybe 36 possible systems cruching SETI. They could be work computers , school computers , some personal and maybe friends/family computers. I'm not speaking for Norko's total specifically on how he does it but thats how many big producers may be doing it.

So how long should you be looking at to do one WU I think it says im doing one WU every 3.31 hours, is that about average?
Also do you think SETI makes your CPU run at 100% so do you think this is another way of burning in your CPU?:mad:

You're doing just fine with 3:31 /wu. That should get you to 7 wu's/day. What are you running? As for Buring in I personally have always since I've began SETI immediately ran it after completing the system. It's my way of testing stability since it says 100% load but others tell me it isn't really.

Im running a AMD XP2000+ @ 1635mghz @ 39C and SETI has been running since 9 am this morning.
Is there many ways of speeding it up, not including O/Cing

when you aren't using the system turn off everything that isn't needed to run windows. I usually check my task manager to see. Even a minor overclock helps a little. This system i'm using i just up my fsb to 108 over 100 stock mostly because this is one of those original releases of the p4 2.4(100fsb) chips that doesn't overclock for nothing and i need lots of vcore to go higher. Anyways that little OC reduces my times buy nearly 10 - 15 minutes.

SETI stressses a CPu rig......making it run close to 100% capacity.....if you really want to test a rig you can always use SETI for a long term test :D.....but it has been said that the best test is running Prime95 several times error free.

Might giv it a go, how long should i leave prime 95 to get a farily good test going?

2 or 3 go seems good enough.....As Prime stresses more the PC you'll know if it's OK after one pass, but give it two or three to be in the safe side.....Also this way to are confident that the results you return to Berkeley will be OK, as some PC is OC to high produces bogus results as their FPU give more errors. So let's get :burn: WU ;)

and in time scales how long should I leave it? Like 30 mins or 3 hours

Back